The pictures and some of the reviews on this hotel are misleading. I booked this hotel because of some of the good reviews I had read, but now that I experienced it myself, I was actually very disappo... more
The pictures and some of the reviews on this hotel are misleading. I booked this hotel because of some of the good reviews I had read, but now that I experienced it myself, I was actually very disappointed. These are my points:
1. The hotel is average compared to other similar hotel chains I have been to. In fact, I would rank it below most of them.
2. Breakfast offering is very limited-The least I have seen anywhere.
3. The hotel is located near a strip mall (walmart, home depot, some fast food joints etc). I did not feel very safe around there especially in the evening. Also, there was heavy police presence every evening and did not get to know why. Maybe for good or bad? Not sure.
4. During our second night, there was a lot of noise in the next room until past 2.00 am. Sounded like the occupants were drunk, used vulgar language, and were very loud. When we complained to the hotel staff, and they were told, they banged on our wall and got even worse. To make the matter worse, the lock in our room did not work. We were very scared and did not really sleep.
5. While in the hotel, I needed to print a boarding pass. The printer in the front desk did not work. When I asked the staff on duty for help, he told me that he could not because he did not go to school for computers. Really?
6. When it was time to check out, the staff said that he could not check us out because the computer was running night audit of the previous day. I just handed him the room key and left.
7. If you happen to be driving, they tell you that you park the car at your own risk.
I would not stay in this hotel again. less
PrashantP1192, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Houston I-45 North Inn & Suites, responded to this review
So sorry to hear you had this experience! I will address the matter with the staff! Did you report to the front desk that the neighbors next to you became louder? That is not behavior that we would accept. We want all our guests to be at ease in our hotel. As far as the police activity, that is a program that all of HPD has implemented. They patrol business from small to large and neighborhoods from government house to some of our most expensive neighborhoods to live in. It is their way of creating a bond among residents and business owners.