Cookies are small text files placed on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and are commonly used on the internet. It contains anonymous information, for example a unique identifier and the name of the website, as well as some numbers and digits. We use them to:
- remember your preferences, and items you have placed in your shopping cart;
- collect information that will help us understand visitors' browsing habits on our website;
- compile statistical reports on website activity, e.g. number of visitors and the pages they visit;
- temporarily store any information which you may enter in tools, such as calculators or demonstrations on our website;
- in some cases, remember information about you when you visit our site. We may need to do this to provide some of our services;
- in some cases information about your booking so you can return to it at a later stage.
We also collect Non-Personal Information when you voluntarily provide this information to us. Additionally, we may aggregate or anonymize Personal Data in a manner such that the end product does not personally identify you or any other individual (e.g., by using Personal Data to calculate the percentage of our Site users who are from a particular geographic location).
We do not store any personal information in cookies that others could read and understand.
We use three types of cookie:
These are temporary and are deleted as soon as you close your browser.
These are stored on your computer until they expire or you remove them. Persistent cookies store your personal preferences such as your language preferences on multi-lingual sites to make subsequent visits easier. They also for example remember questions we have asked you previously, such as a request to complete an online survey. A persistent cookie will prevent you from being asked to complete the same survey every time you visit the website.
Third party cookies
Website Marketing Optimisation
Our website may also use software to improve your user journey by identifying areas you have visited before or areas you may be interested in. To do this we may drop persistent and session cookies onto your computer or device. The information collected is safely stored and is also used for aggregated and statistical reporting. We will not collect any Personal Data.
Accepting or rejecting cookies
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. The “Help” function within your browser should tell you how to do this.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.