Welcome to the press and media page for BWH Hotel Group – home to the latest news from the largest collection of independently owned and brilliantly different hotels in Great Britain. Use this page to browse our recent press releases and news from our brands. Please send all media enquiries to email@example.com.
BWH Hotel Group Key Facts
- BWH Group is a brilliantly different collection of independent hotels proudly giving a personal welcome to guests for over 70 years
- We have almost 300 hotels in GB, with over 15,000 bedrooms to choose from
- There are over 15 hotel brands in our group portfolio, to suit the needs of developers and guests in every market. Best Western branded hotels include Best Western®, Best Western Plus®, Best Western Premier®, Executive Residency by Best Western®, Vīb®, GLō®, Aiden, Sadie, BW Premier Collection®, and BW Signature Collection®. Through recent acquisition, Best Western now also offers WorldHotels® Luxury, WorldHotels Elite and WorldHotels Distinctive brands. Completing its portfolio, Best Western offers SureStay®, SureStay Plus®, and SureStay Collection® franchises
- Every Best Western hotel is independently owned and managed and crammed full of its own personality, giving customers a whole host of choices. From castles to coaching inns, sea views to mountain views and modern to listed buildings, the only thing that is the same is our commitment to the quality, value and standards of service that every guest receives
- BWH Group is a retained-profit membership organisation that helps hotels maintain their independence. Committed to representing the views of its independently owned member hotels, we tackle key industry issues on their behalf, including the effects of Government policies and legislation, industry changes and environmental impact on the heartbeat of the Great British hospitality industry. Never has is been more important for this voice than throughout this time of uncertainty and unprecedented hardship for independent hoteliers.
- Best Western Hotels & Resorts headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, is a privately held hotel brand with a global network of approximately 4,500 hotels in nearly 100 countries and territories worldwide
* Numbers are approximate, may fluctuate, and include hotels currently in the development pipeline.
General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
OUR LATEST PRESS RELEASES
"DAMAGE ALREADY DONE" COVID CHRISTMAS STRIKES AGAIN FOR HOTELIERS
The devastating quick impact on hospitality of the Omicron variant has been revealed by BWH Hotel Group GB, with 72% of its independently owned hotels reporting an increase in Christmas cancellations and 89% now concerned about the festive trading period.
TIM RUMNEY APPOINTED CEO OF BWH HOTEL GROUP
Hotelier and hospitality professional Tim Rumney has been appointed full-time CEO of BWH Hotel Group GB, which incorporates Best Western Great Britain and WorldHotels Great Britain, after serving as interim CEO since August.
INVERNESS PROPERTIES SIGN WITH WORLDHOTELS
A pair of luxury hotels in Inverness have become the latest to sign up to the WorldHotels brand, joining a handful of other luxury hotels throughout Great Britain.
BWH HOTEL GROUP ANNOUNCES NEW PRESIDENT AND CEO LAWRENCE M. CUCULIC
BWH Hotel Group announced today that Lawrence (Larry) M. Cuculic has been appointed President and Chief Executive Officer by the company’s Board of Directors. Cuculic has been serving as Senior Vice President and General Counsel for the company for 12 years and will assume his new role as President and CEO on December 1, 2021.
BWH HOTEL GROUP AT THE MEETINGS SHOW
BWH Hotel Group, the umbrella brand which represents over 290 independent hotels in GB including Best Western branded properties is looking forward to sharing new properties, new brands and a new approach to finding the perfect venues for 2022 and beyond.
‘SUMMER OF LOVE’ AS STAYCATIONERS FALL BACK IN LOVE WITH BRITISH SUMMER HOLIDAY
In a survey commissioned by BWH Hotel Group, which represents over 280 independent hotels in GB, 77% of respondents felt that the good experience they had holidaying in the UK is likely to make them book an extra UK break in 2022, even if foreign holidays are more readily available.
MAJORITY OF GUESTS WILL NOT STAY AT HOTELS WHICH REMOVE COVID RISK MEASURES
Latest research taken by BWH Hotel Group GB, the organisation which represents almost 300 independent hotels in GB, including Best Western hotels, has shown that over 63% of guests would choose not to stay at a hotel that removed COVID-19 safety measures after Freedom Day on July 19th.
NEW CEO AT BEST WESTERN HOTELS GB
Independent Hotelier and current Chairman of the group, Tim Rumney to take over from Rob Paterson later this month as Interim CEO.
MARCO PIERRE WHITE SIGNS WITH WOLRDHOTELS
The 50 bedroom hotel, just outside Bath, was originally going to join Best Western’s soft brand, BW Premier Collection, but the recent addition of the new Crafted Collection option means the hotel stays with the Best Western family of brands but under the WorldHotels flag.
BW TIVERTON HOTEL WINS 2021 TRIPADVISOR TRAVELERS’ CHOICE AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE
BW Tiverton Hotel today announced it has been recognized as a 2021 Travelers’ Choice award winner for Devon. This achievement celebrates businesses that consistently deliver fantastic experiences to travelers around the globe, having earned great reviews on TripAdvisor over the last 12 months. As challenging as the past year was, the hotel stood out by continuously delighting guests.
BEST WESTERN RECRUITS RECORD 60 NEW HOTELS
Best Western Great Britain has ended its fiscal year with the record recruitment of 60 new hotels to its brand as the impact of the pandemic year reshapes the industry.
The membership organisation has seen a surge in new signings, including the addition of a new World Hotel Distinctive Collection, the first in the key market of Edinburgh, taking its total to over 300 members.