Not bad for what it's worth
12/06/2017 Alyssia S, Minneapolis, Minnesota
My husband and I stayed for three nights. We had room 116 which was on the ground floor and close to the breakfast area. We thought the hotel was fine for what it was worth, but I there are some thing... more
My husband and I stayed for three nights. We had room 116 which was on the ground floor and close to the breakfast area. We thought the hotel was fine for what it was worth, but I there are some things to keep in mind or I think the hotel could do to enhance it more.
* When we checked in the gentleman was nice. I believe his name was Jose? Gave us recommendations for dinner as we were looking for a place to eat as we checked in quite late.
* The room we had was musty smelling upon entering. We tried very hard to air out the room, but it never went away. outside of that, the room was comfortable and it served its purpose. I agree with one other reviewer though and the carpets could use a deep cleaning.
* The breakfast, well it's free/included in the price. I thought the staff did a good job keeping things stocked as it was busy except one day it took them quite a bit to refill the waffle batter and so many people had to defer to other things. Space here is small so if you don't get there early you might not get a seat.
* The parking in and around the rooms is cramped. Two cars cannot pass by each other and find a spot is hard, but there is additional parking and it's a lot easier to just park there and walk towards the rooms.If you get back early enough to the hotel you can find a space close to the rooms.
* There isn't a whole lot of eating areas that close by, but old town is about 2 miles away and there a lot of things you can find.
This was nicely located. As this hotel does receive a lot of customers, it wouldn't hurt for the hotel to reevaluate to update things as needed and improve on things.
Overall our time here served its purpose. less
Jesse D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.