Below average, restaurant closed, bumpy WiFI
06/05/2017 teaki78089, Villingen-Schwenningen, Germany
I am a Best Western diamond member so I usually stay in Best Western hotels when available in my destination. The Best Western Hotel de Ville seemed to be an OK deal with 90 EUR a night including brea... more
I am a Best Western diamond member so I usually stay in Best Western hotels when available in my destination. The Best Western Hotel de Ville seemed to be an OK deal with 90 EUR a night including breakfast. I got room 301 which is on the highest floor next to the elevator.
What I liked
- covered parking available however no sign says this is for the Best Western hotel (had to ask) and the price of 10 EUR / night seems to be high. A sign telling you that they will charge you double when you occupy more than one spot kind of reveals the general attitude in this hotel
What I did not like
- Restaurant was closed Saturday (because of a closed group) without prenotice and also no room service available, Considering that I chose the hotel because it was advertised with restaurant on premisis this is ridiculous
- Restaurant in general closed on Sunday
- Very dated rooms with old and heavy used furniture. The clock at the wall showing all the time 5 minutes before 12 reveals the general situation here.
- WiFi available for free but a sign says that it might not be very reliable since they are in the process of updating it until end of May. Really? They need 4 weeks to update WiFi?
- Check-in was quick but very much with a lack of friendlyness. Staff in general seems to not care about their guests. I think I did not hear one single friendly word while staying there neither I saw anybody smiling.
- Breakfast is below average - ok food but nothing special.
I will stay next time again at the Best Western Regency in Aachen downtown - it is maybe 20 EUR more expensive but so much more of the quality of accomodation I expect from a Best Western hotel. less
Anita K, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel De Ville, responded to this review
We are sorry that you did not like your stay. We are always striving to offer our guests a beautiful stay. Perhaps next time you have a better impression.