My family (2 adults, 2 young kids < 5 yrs old) stayed here for 4 nights during the 2017 Christmas holidays to visit the Christmas markets and "Capital of Noel." We stayed in a superior double room. Overall, we were satisfied with our stay, though there were pros and cons.
- room: average, clean. bed was comfortable. overall, the size felt small, but there are larger rooms one could reserve in advance.
- location: the hotel is located in the west central part of Strasbourg, with all Christmas markets within walking distance, 15 min at the most. Very convenient.
- buffet breakfast: simple and adequate with items including eggs, bacon, yogurt, cereal, juices, fruits, a variety of breads and cheeses. somewhat pricey in my opinion (>10 euros), but nice if you can find a deal where it's included with the room rate
- service: receptionists were multilingual, kind, and eager to help. also free cookies and coffee all day in the lobby!
- internet: unfortunately was slow. I did a speed check on speedtest.net on a weeknight at 8 pm, and while it averaged speeds of 6.2 Mbps download and 1.8 Mbps upload (average of 3 separate tests during a period of 5 min), it was inconsistent and seemed only barely fast enough to support poor quality video streaming. I find this unacceptable for a hotel nowadays.
- lobby computer/printer: slow, outdated, and does not print (even with receptionist troubleshooting). ultimately, the receptionist had me email the document to them and they printed it from their desk printer, but it was nonetheless a time-consuming task
- gym: there is none
- breakfast eating area: unfortunately, this area is closed to guests after 10:30-11 am, depending on the day. Apart from breakfast, guests are not allowed to use these tables. In fact, we were scolded by the janitorial staff when we brought our takeout lunch to eat there. As a result, we had to pack our lunch and move it to our room, after which it smelled like food.
If I had to do it again, I would probably choose another hotel. less
Cl_HUBSCHER, Directeur général at Best Western Hotel De France, responded to this review
Dear Madam, dear Sir
I thank you for your comment and apologize for the inconvenience caused I also inform you that many of the points are being changed for wifi for example, the renovation of the rooms, the business corner to mention they.
with my best regards