Please Avoid this Hotel or Bear the Consequences
03/06/2019 Vinay Kumar C, Mumbai, India
We were a group of 11 on a tour of greece for 2 weeks. Of the 13 nights we were booked to stay around 5 nights in Athens in Best Western. We had booked the ground tours and stay through a reputed trav... more
We were a group of 11 on a tour of greece for 2 weeks. Of the 13 nights we were booked to stay around 5 nights in Athens in Best Western. We had booked the ground tours and stay through a reputed travel agency in India so did not look too much into the hotels booked by them assuming that the hotels would be verified by them.
Around 10 days before we looked up the reviews of this hotel on tripadvisor and were horrified to find that almost 50 percent reviews were in poor category. We requested the travel agency to change this hotel for us but they said that everything was paid for and we cannot change. So we went ahead hoping that the reviews were wrong.
Unfortunately the reviews were spot on and following are the problems with this hotel :
1. The Hotel calls itself a 3 start hotel but they charge city municipal tax at the rate of 3 Euros per night - that for a 4 Star hotel.
2. The hotel rooms were extremely small - in some rooms if you put too big suitcases you cant even move around.
3. The bathrooms are TINNNYYYYY - so you better be a skinny gymnast to movie around - if some bathrooms the shower area was a 2 feet x 2 feet space only and all the water comes out from the shower curtain and wets the whole bathroom.
4. The engineered wooden flooring is puffed up in all rooms and seem to be 15 years old. The floor itself seems dusty to the feet.
5. The furniture is also not in good shape and if you step out in the balcony then the walls have peeling paint. Not really sure when last a maintenance was done hre.
6. In one of the rooms there were ants crawling all over and one of the families with us had to change their room.
7. In another room the smell was so bad that the kids had to change their room.
8. The service at the front counter was also poor - they way the guys manning the reception handled inquiries were as if they were doing us a favour.
Some redeeming points in favour of the hotel :
1. The breakfast spread was good
2. The food in the restaurant as well as the service was good.
However overall a very sad experience and dont recommend this hotel at all. less