Firstly, the good bits.......dinner in the restaurant was very good and with excellent service. Breakfast also very acceptable
Now for the rest......upon check in I was told I had been upgraded to an executive room - when I got to my room I was disappointed to find it smaller and of poorer standard than previous stays when I had not been upgraded !!
The problems were numerous:
1. Lingering smell of stale B.O.
2. When closing curtains the whole edifice came away from the wall (possibly a problem noted before and fixed with a “band aid” approach). When I called to report this, 2 people arrived (1 a waiter from restaurant) to fix but said it was a big job. I gave them the right answer and suggested they fix in morning and they seemed relieved. No offer of alternative room was made.
3. TV not working properly (max 30 seconds viewing before switching off and on again continuously
4. Tepid water in bathroom (even when overriding the temp control and going for max)
5. Received a call from reception at 11.03 reminding me check out was 11.00 despite having privileges of late check out due to BW membership status
When I checked out I mentioned all of these issues when asked and received apologetic responses and was promised a follow up by email. 2 weeks later and the promised follow up has not been delivered
I don’t expect everything to be perfect during a stay, but this was a catalogue of errors, and you can tell more about a hotel and it’s management, not by the issues encountered, but how they are handled by after sales service. Sadly, the after sales service has been as non existent as the quality received during the stay
Improvement not likely if this is the approach to problem solving and customer satisfaction
I have not experienced any issues during previous stays so I do wonder what has led to these disappointments on this occasion but alas I guess I will never know less