Beer on a champagne budget
01/10/2016 BrownShal, Sydney, Australia
Priced at the rate of a reasonable hotel, at $250 per night for a king bed with a spa, we decided to forego the fact that it is a motel and give this place a go...not bad, but significantly overpriced... more
Priced at the rate of a reasonable hotel, at $250 per night for a king bed with a spa, we decided to forego the fact that it is a motel and give this place a go...not bad, but significantly overpriced
Now let's start at the pros
1. Service by the lovely lady was impeccable, she was warm, inviting and a sincere pleasure to deal with
2. The food at the Trappers restaurant was divine. The seafood platter is well worth a try! Service was a little slow, mains did take 72 minutes to arrive. In fairness to the restaurant, the dining room was running at full capacity. The atmosphere was warm and inviting and had a glimpse of luxury, we'd forgotten we had checked in to a best western motel!
Sadly, the room itself left much to desire
1. The room smelt heavily of cigarette smoke
2. The linen had a musty odour
3. The shower head in the bathroom is subpar. At a flow rate which would be equivalent to 2 litres per minute, our showers were frustrating at the very least. We tried the shower during various time of the day to no avail.
4. No cable tv channels per listing on booking website.
5. The clothes iron was horrendous - it leaked a sticky grainy substance all over a shirt, highly unimpressed!
At $250 per night, this motel is severely overpriced. After two nights of near no water in our showers, it has me hesitant in returning.
If you enjoy a nice shower to start your day and to end off a lovely day down south, I'd suggest you stay at another location...however do drop in and try their restaurant! less