Food & drink
Wild Berry Crumble
Best Western Plus Mosborough Hall Hotel
For the sweet pastry
250g of soft butter cut into cubes | 120g of caster sugar | 400g of plain flour | 1 egg
For the filling
77g of blueberries | 61g of blackberries | 79g of raspberries
107g of strawberries | 80g of caster sugar | 30g of butter | 1 stick of cinnamon
For the crumble mix
175g of plain flour | 110g of caster sugar | 110g of butter
- First make the sweet pastry mixing the soft butter and caster sugar together until they combine
- Slowly add the flour into the mixture. When there is a 1/3 left add the egg into the mixing bowl and add the rest the flour. Once combined flip out and roll into a ball, cling film and put into the fridge for 1 hour. Turn oven onto 170 degrees, gas mark 3 or 338 Fahrenheit
- While the sweet pastry is in the fridge weigh out all the berries, wash them and take the top off the strawberries
- Add the sugar and butter into a pan on a medium heat. Once melted add all the berries and cinnamon stick. Leave to simmer for roughly 10 minutes. Then take off heat and leave in the pan.
- Get the pastry out of the fridge and sprinkle the surface with a little flour. Roll the pastry out to the thickness off a £1 coin. To stop from sticking put parchment paper under the pastry and on top and roll out one inch bigger than the pastry case you’re using
- Butter and flour the pastry case so the pastry doesn’t stick when cooking. Place pastry over the case and mould into the case using a bit of the pastry to push into place.
- Now blind bake your case by putting some baking parchment into your case and adding rice to weigh it down
- Bake for 12 minutes then remove the rice and parchment paper. Return to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes
- While the pastry is in the oven, make the crumble mix. Add all the ingredients into a bowl and using your hands rub together until a bread crumb consistently.
- When the pastry comes out the oven take it out of the mould and place the filling into the tart case. Sprinkle the crumble mix on top of the tart and place back in the oven until the crumble mix turns a golden brown
Where did this all happen?
Nearby Best Western Hotels
Explore articles in other categories