Worst stay I have ever had in my life!!! I seriously warn against staying here!!!
27/08/2015 Abett7, London, United Kingdom
I stayed at this hotel with my mother for 2 nights in June and we have regretted it ever since. Before we had such lovely thoughts of cups of tea on the grounds and have even been to wedding there wh... more
I stayed at this hotel with my mother for 2 nights in June and we have regretted it ever since. Before we had such lovely thoughts of cups of tea on the grounds and have even been to wedding there which was lovely! But that had fooled us completely. Staying in the hotel has become a living nightmare!! We were given a room in the Garden Lodge which was mouldy so we asked to be moved. We were given another room which was also mouldy but there were no more rooms available. The mould was just painted over in parts and coming through. Well anyway, we stayed in that room. And how I will regret that for the rest of my life. My mother started to feel quite unwell in the room so she even ended up trying to sleep in her car on the last night. We never imagined this would be because of the mould!And how ill we were to become after our stay there. It is now August and we are still battling with the after effects of mould toxicity. IF YOU VALUE YOUR HEALTH I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND STAYING HERE. I feel it so sad to say this as this hotel could have so much going for it. But it has made our lives a living hell and it may take a very long time to recover.And I feel at least we need to put this review on here so that this does not happen to anyone else. We told the Manager who was there on site at the time and we have not heard a word from her or anyone else at the hotel. It is nice to see how much they value the wellbeing of their customers.... I would not wish this on my worst enemy so please do take note of this.
Also the smoke alarm is missing on its ceiling attachment. I think Health and Safety seriously need to have a trip there. less