Entrance to hotel was cold and the rug had not been hoovered and there is also a number of chairs one with a rip in the material. (See photo)
2. Reception are was cold and again had random seating and no real welcoming atmosphere.
3. On check in we were told we had received an upgrade to our room,which was great however, i dread to think what the original room was compared to our "upgrade" (see photos)
4. Corridors to restaurant and bar were stacked with chairs, were cold and had building materials left in them. (See photos)
5. The stairway to second floor had random chairs in corners one of which was very dirty (see photos)
6. Main restaurant was cold, lifeless, sparse and had breakfast things stacked on counter, and had no welcoming atmosphere at all, the table we had at breakfast and Saturday evening was wobbly.
There was also no evening meals available in the restaurant on the Sunday night, this was not advertise to guests anywhere in reception so we had to eat from bar menu in the bar/bistro.
Breakfast was very good
HOWEVER I WOULD LIKE TO SAY WE ATE THERE FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT AS THE FOOD WAS VERY GOOD AND THE WAITERS CHRIS, CHRIS T AND A YOUNG MAN WITH DARK HAIR WERE EXCELLENT
7. The bar/bistro was dark, cold and again a bit uninviting, there was a wood burner in there that was never on. Outside the door to the bar and bistro was a bucket of buildings rubble. (See photo)
8. The bedroom, I am aware this was a traditional hotel and that is why I booked it for a good Victorian hotel experience however this was more 1970s traditional and not at all worth the £255 I paid for it, this was a weekend for my mother of 72, who flew down from Scotland. The photos on the website do not at all represent the reality of the hotel decore and facilities.
The room had a dirty carpet, dirty walls, a bathroom well past use by any paying guest and also freezing cold, the white towels were grey.
The room had a radiator that gave off little heat luckily there was a portable heater in cupboard. As you can see from the photos the room and bathroom are appalling for the price I paid. There were too many things wrong with the room to list. (See photos)
I waited 2 weeks for a reply from the owners who blamed me for complaining and did not address the issues. less