Great Staff, Clean Rooms, Worn Beds
My wife and I stayed here for two nights while visiting Yosemite. Amy and trainee staff were very helpful upon check-in. Our room was number 325, next to the indoor pool and spa. It is true the pro... more
My wife and I stayed here for two nights while visiting Yosemite. Amy and trainee staff were very helpful upon check-in. Our room was number 325, next to the indoor pool and spa. It is true the property is dated. We found our room to be quiet and clean.
The good stuff:
1. When we originally booked, we accidentally used a third party site that over-charged us. I called the hotel directly and spoke to Amy who gave me suggestions on how to fix this. Her suggestions helped me to reverse the third-party reservation based on fraud that resulted in a full refund. I then called her back and booked directly. She gave a discount for the hassle and upgraded our room. Upon arrival, she remembered our phone call and booking and was very friendly and helpful with the check-in process. She went above and beyond for our needs.
2. The room was spacious and clean.
3. TV worked well.
4. Plenty of hot water for a shower.
5. Kitchenette with sink, fridge and microwave was useful.
6. better than average breakfast buffet in the restaurant. Breakfast staff helpful and friendly too.
Not so good stuff:
1. Mattresses are worn out and need to be replaced. We could feel the springs through the padding.
2. Fridge ran all night. It never stopped. I had to use ear plugs and still heard the darn thing.
3. South gate to Yosemite is 15 miles. Yosemite valley is 1 hour and 45 minute drive. Be prepared.
Overall, we had a nice visit and would stay here again if the beds were replaced with new ones. less
CurtisC772, General Manager at Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Inn, responded to this review
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us.
At your service,