NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR WEDDING WEEKEND!!
17/08/2018 heathercampbell31, Irvine, United Kingdom
Very disappointed with the Windmill Village Hotel. I booked my wedding with them for the 4th August 2018, up until I paid the service from the events team was fab. Then after this there were a serie... more
Very disappointed with the Windmill Village Hotel. I booked my wedding with them for the 4th August 2018, up until I paid the service from the events team was fab. Then after this there were a series of errors and miscommunications.
1) Rooms wrongly booked on arrival had to wait for an hour for them to find us another family room.
2) First receptionist who dealt with us then continued to draw my family nasty looks on passing reception, pretty sure it's the same girl myself and guests had bother with over the phone when booking rooms (told there was no rooms left for guests when they were set aside for us.)
3) I arrived on the Thursday and had not contact with the events team re my wedding day until 12pm on my actual wedding day, when they came to my room and asked about my music.
4) They missed out one of our songs before the ceremony that was picked for a special reason, they didn't put out our order of service until halfway through the wedding breakfast??? when we asked where they were. They never put out our menu's on the table so no one knew what we were having to eat.
5) HERE IS THE BEST ONE - During the evening we went to check into our complimentry room as they told us we couldn't check in until after 2pm (our ceremony time) to be told one again they had mucked up the reservations and hadn't reserved us a room, leaving me sitting in reception in my wedding dress for 30 mins to try and sort it. Quick rush around on their side and we have a room. When we go to it at midnight the carpet is soaking wet outside the toilet and it smells really bad of dampness. The next day when we speak to the manager the head housekeeper informs us that this isn't a room they would put people in as it has a leak! Health and safety? what the hell was leaking? they don't know.
6) The next day following all the problems we ask to keep a room until 1pm as we have family to take to the airport before we leave. Receptionist tries to find the manager to see if this is ok and we ask lots of times and they never get back to us. So at 12.30 i get a phone call to say we need to vacate the room ASAP, this leaves me and my 5 children in the reception with a good few bags and suitcase waiting on my husband returning from the airport. This obviously does not amuse my partner which results in us waiting another 4 hours to speak to a competant manager who can issue us a refund acceptable to cover all our problems during our stay.
7) On the evening of the wedding I was told all my stuff would be boxed up and available to collect the next day. I collect the boxes before we leave and rush home to leave for our honeymoon only to return to open the box and have none of the flowers or bouquets in the box which cost me a small fortune and were to go to my bridesmaids and my children as keepsakes.
So take from this what you will, however beware and check all your bookings if considering the hotel for your wedding venue. less