Hubby and I were in Pasco for a weekend conference that was held at the Red Lion just down the street from this Best Western. Although lodging was offered at the Red Lion, we looked at the reviews here on Trip Advisor and decided it was not where we wanted to stay. This Best Western is an easy walk, just 3 blocks away, so extremely convenient for a better hotel if you are attending events at the Red Lion.
- easy and quick access off freeway and close to airport if you need to fly in/out.
- beautiful interior lobby and eating area done in a "Tuscan" style complete with a water fountain and nice living room area. Everything is light, bright, and airy. (Okay, so a water fountain isn't necessary but it was cool and gave a more upscale feel than what would be expected at this hotel price level)
- Entire hotel and our room was immaculate.
- King suite was very nice and roomy - our first choice was a king room, but not available for our dates, so for an extra $10/nite we got the suite. Extra space was relaxing.
- There was an extra sink outside the bathroom and ample counter space (fridge, microwave, coffee maker and sink) I really like the extra sink when two people are getting ready in the morning.
- Thick bathroom towels. Caught my attention as I'm used to very thin ones. Maybe we lucked out with a new set?
- Breakfast - what a pleasant surprise - a step above the ordinary. Fresh made omelets, fresh fruit, Seattle's Best coffee, good quality eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. etc. I usually bring a box of my favorite cereal when traveling and I didn't even open it the two days were were here.
- Very quiet hotel. Even with the airport close by - you can occasionally hear the low drone of the prop planes taxing in and out, but they must have done some extra soundproofing or something on the building.
- Bathroom in the King Suite was pretty small. Can't speak for the non-suite units, but it seemed tight.
- Best Western beds just aren't as comfortable for me. Hubby slept like a log, but I had difficulty with the firmness. (Encountered same bed firmness at another best western we stayed at that same week) Also would prefer a thicker comforter option rather than just sheets and a blanket on the bed. On the plus side extra blankets were available in the closet!
- as another reviewer mentioned, location on 20th Ave. is lacking close food/restaurant options, but that isn't the hotel's issue. There are so many good options in the tri-cities just hop in the car and travel for 5-10 minutes for many choices.
Definitely would stay here again. It was so nice that another Best Western Plus we stayed at later that same week was a let down. less
jimgibson7, General Manager at Best Western Plus Pasco Inn & Suites, responded to this review
I am grateful for your very detailed review. I am happy that you were so pleased with your stay. We are currently ranked in the top 30 of Best Western in north America. I look forward to seeing your again next year.