The staff saves this place.
1. No wifi. After a long hot day and everybody has taken a shower and eaten dinner, we want to relax on our own devices only for it to be thwarted by a lack of wifi. Some of us would see... more
1. No wifi. After a long hot day and everybody has taken a shower and eaten dinner, we want to relax on our own devices only for it to be thwarted by a lack of wifi. Some of us would see a wifi option and some of us would not. Those of us lucky enough to seen an option only had it for a few seconds and then it was gone...poof! Then you're stuck with longing questions such as where did it go? Did I really see it that time or didn't I? Was it this boring back in there olden days mommy?
2. The pillows were so hard. The bed was comfortable, but if you are like me it is all about the pillows. Our heads were on a constant "watching tv" tilt the whole time. So sleep was booboo. I guess I could've slept without a pillow, but who sleeps without a pillow!!
1. Staff. The front desk guy, very friendly and informative. The maintenance guy, or AC didn't work a couple of times and he came over so quickly to fix it and was super friendly about it. The breakfast guys, they were very efficient at what they do, they too were super friendly. Did not deal with housekeeping, but everyone we passed by them they greeted is with a "good morning" and a smile.
2. Location. There are so many restaurants near this hotel. There's also a grocery store across the street. And the zoo is about 5 minutes away! less
Craig Gilmore, Owner at Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort, responded to this review
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear about the experience you had regarding the pillows and the WIFI these are definitely two things that we will look into and address. We are happy to know the staff was able to take care of your needs in a friendly and efficient manner.