My wife and I stayed at the BW Inn at the Vines in Room 315, February 9-11, 2018. We spent the weekend wine tasting throughout the Napa Valley. Overall, we were pleased with our stay and would retur... more
My wife and I stayed at the BW Inn at the Vines in Room 315, February 9-11, 2018. We spent the weekend wine tasting throughout the Napa Valley. Overall, we were pleased with our stay and would return.
1) Our room was both well furnished and very clean. It had a king-sized bed, which was comfortable. There was an easy chair and ottoman for watching TV or reading. The room also came equipped with a mini-refrigerator and a microwave oven.
2) The BW Inn at the Vines is also conveniently located on a major North/South artery through the city of Napa (Soscol Ave.) which makes the property close to the restaurants and bars of Downtown Napa and also makes for quick access to the wineries along the eastern side of the Napa Valley, by way of the Silverado Trail.
3) We had booked this property through the Best Western web site using the AAA discount. This property was a better value than most of the other available properties in the Napa Valley for the weekend that we stayed. By no means is this property a resort, however, when I come to the Napa Valley, I want to spend my time drinking great wine and eating great food and am not interested in spending time much time where I stay.
4) Free breakfast is provided at the adjacent Denny's restaurant. When you check into the hotel, you will receive breakfast coupons. When you go to Denny's, ask for the Best Western menu and you can pick three items off the menu (for example, 2 eggs cooked to order, pork sausage and pancakes) and then also receive your choice of bread (toast or English muffin) and your choice of a drink all for free. If you prefer, you can instead order from Denny's own menu and get $8 off your order per person.
5) Friendly staff.
1) The pool and hot tub are undergoing remodeling and so they are closed. If you are planning a visit in the Spring or Summer of 2018, I would contact the hotel to find out if they will be open. Also, the lobby is currently closed for remodeling, however there is a well-marked temporary check in facility next to the parking lot.
1) Obviously, there are many great wineries to tour in the Napa Valley and we visited about 12 on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday we visited. We especially loved the facility tour and wine tasting at the William Hill Winery in Napa and the wine tasting on the outdoor patio at the Elizabeth Spencer Winery in Rutherford.
2) Great restaurants also abound in Napa Valley. We enjoyed our dinners at Ristorante Allegria (Italian food served in a renovated 100 year old bank building) and La Taberna (Spanish tapas). Both are in Downtown Napa and an easy drive from the BW Inn at the Vines.
3) The Oxbow Public Market is also an easy drive from the hotel. This is a great spot for lunch with many different restaurants and shops located under the same roof. less