• The reception has extremely talented bunch of staffs that deal tourists of all nationalities/languages with ease.
• Wake up call, Taxi bookings all can be done through the reception.
• Rooms/Bathrooms are spacious, clean with comfortable beds/pillows; the bathroom suits cleaning habits of European and Asian. Wifi is super speed.
• House keeping in good.
• Mini bar, Dress closets, TV set with reasonable number of channels, hair dryer etc available in my room. However, my bathroom did not have a bathtub.
• They do have sauna, steam bath in the basement of hotel.
• Few good quality restaurants nearby, even the inhouse restaurant at the hotel is good and reasonable.
• Breakfast is amazing, lots of variety and options; The manager of the in house restaurant is compassionate and courteous.
• The hotel is a walking distance to the ancient Serdika and 600m from the nearest metro.
• My room was on the sixth floor, facing front and had a great view of the city, although there was no balcony.
• Extremely value for money.
Approach to and from hotel:
Two easy options from Airport; (1) Purchase a bus ticket from the airport counters, which charges 6 Leva (3 Euro) for a bus/van upto the Hotel; (2) Take a taxi which charges nearly 14 leva (7 Euro). For onward journey to hotel i took the Van/Bus and for return journey back to airport i took a taxi. Both were comfortable, however the taxi has the edge of comfort/privacy over the bus.
• Friends there should never be any second thoughts for booking this hotel, its premium service, convenient location and value for money; Just go for it and enjoy your stay at Sofia.
• Beware of taxis that are painted yellow. I was conned twice by asking me to pay 60 Leva (30 Euro) for a 4 km travel; their meter reading will show this hefty amount and the driver will urge you to pay. Since i had read the travel diaries on such episodes, fought back with these culprits and gave them the money only what they deserved (nearly 4 leva). Always book through your app or ask the hotel reception less