I'm goin keep it REAL real. This is a GREAT hotel for the price, location and what you get. My homegirl and I paid $600 for the weekend for our oceanview balcony room that was right on the beach. You're not going to find a better deal. Let me break it down why:
- AREA: it's in the Mid Beach area. A 10 min Uber ride from South Beach and about 15 min ride from the North Beach area. PERFECT spot if you just want access to the popular areas but don't want to be in the midst of all the foolishness. There are plenty of restaurants, bars, stores and things to do in the area. Also, they were constructing a beachwalk area that sits in between the beach and the all of the beachfront properties. You can walk it, bike it, skate, jog, etc.
- BEACH: It's literally right outside of the hotel. All you had to do is go out 5he back door, cut around the pool and you walk right out on the beach. The rentals were super cheap. Only $20 for 2 loungers and 1 umbrella for the whole day. That's cheap. The beach area was clean, laid back and we were able to order food and drinks from the pool bar and bring it out there.
- HOTEL: This is very much a Best Western. It is not shiny and pristine like some of the other properties nearby. The lobby was updated and looked semi new. They had a fitness room, restaurant, outdoor pool with additional seating to eat and drink and there were also some conference rooms, laundry room, vending/microwave room downstairs. Not all of the common areas were renovated. Some still looked very dated. BUT, everything was consistently being cleaned. I remembered always seeing someone cleaning the public bathrooms, lobby area, etc. The only place that could used more cleaning was the area near the ice machine by the exit door leading to the pool/beach area.
The hallways smelled very dank. Like there was excessive moisture at one point and it got trapped in the carpet. Other than that, the hotel was decent.
- ROOM: We had and oceanview room with a balcony on the 8th floor. To the left we had a beautiful view of the water and beach, to the right we had a view of the city, and in front of us it was hotel next door. For $600 for the weekend, the view wasn't bad. Only thing I didn't like was our view below and it was roof of the a lower level of the hotel, if that makes sense. Our room was clean, smelled clean, updated furnishings, clean balcony, everything worked, it was pleasant. The bathroom was tiny though. Not alot of space to mover around. Other than that, we enjoyed the room.
- SERVICE: We received great service for the most part! Our rooms weren't ready upon arrival so we had them hold our bags. We left and went and had lunch. They texted us within about and an hour and half saying our room was ready. When getting our bags, they gave us the wrong bags. They got it right eventually. I think they are just reading the luggage tag numbers wrong. There was so room cleaning as with most properties right now. It did take a few calls to get fresh towels because staff was short. Which is the way it's been lately with travel so we were prepared for that right out the gate. The pool bar had one person so getting food and drinks too some waiting as well. Other than that, they answered the phones right away most of the time. Everyone was pleasant and professional.
Most rooms like ours in the area were an easy $1000 or more for the weekend. To me, this hotel works when you just want to get away for the weekend and stay right on the beach in a nice area away from the noise but close enough. I would definitely go back. less
G M, Guest Services / Front Office at Best Western Plus Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this review
KCarltoninc, thank you for choosing Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort and for your detailed review. We are glad you enjoyed the beautiful views from our immaculate accommodations and that you were able to take advantage of our thoughtful amenities. We are also delighted to read our beachfront location made your stay even more enjoyable and that we were able to meet your expectations at a great price. However, we are sorry for the concerns that kept your stay from being perfect and apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during check-in. We will review this with our team and make sure we are more careful in our service delivery going forward. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon.