5 Star value - but there are caveats i want to share
25/04/2017 amawalkbw, Amawalk, New York
All in all to get a hotel like this in Ocala for 75/night was a great value. Hot breakfast was good, bed was comfortable, room was clean, nice refrigerator and microwave in the room, close to many thi... more
All in all to get a hotel like this in Ocala for 75/night was a great value. Hot breakfast was good, bed was comfortable, room was clean, nice refrigerator and microwave in the room, close to many things on the main strip etc. Given that and most other places right off I75 and Route 200 will run you 110+/night is why i gave it an excellent rating for that area.
But it had a lot of "quirks" that you should know about......
1. This didn't feel like a Best Western hotel but was some other hotel that BW took over. It is a bit older in appearance and there was nothing special walking in the place. I just didn't get that Best Western feel if you know what i mean.
2. It is right off the highway and if you are thinking about sitting peacefully in the pool area you are almost drowned out by the noise. I didn't hear it the room as much (facing the same direction) so I slept well (yes the bed was comfortable!)
3. If you plan on working at the desk it is right next to the A/C unit which blows directly on you. I had to work there for several days with a major breeze half the time and freezing being right next to it. I eventually covered up half the A/C vents so i could still cool the room and work at the same time.
4. Not a lot of places to walk to from the hotel. I like to go for walks in the morning as part of my exercise routine and in attempting to do so found myself kind of boxed in to a 3 block area. This section has busy roads and the sidewalks are limited in length
5. For some reason you need another card to access the fitness room. And the card expires each day so you have to go back down to the desk to get it reactivated. I asked why don't they just use the room keys and i got just a shrug and no answer
6. Also they told me the fitness room is only available from 8am - 9:30pm! Apparently where they put it can disturb some of the rooms around there. I'm an early riser and snuck in at 7am with no issue but just be aware of that limitation
7. I didn't get a good vibe from the staff. They were all just emotionless doing their jobs with the exception of one or two people. No heartfelt greetings or smiling faces. They were just there.
So if you want a place at a reasonable price with a clean room and good breakfast and close to many stores and restaurants then this is a very good choice. If you are looking for more then be ready to pay 30+ more per night. less
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ocala Park Centre, responded to this review
We pride ourselves on delivering a great value to each of our guests. We are delighted to hear we were successful in delivering a budget-friendly, worthwhile stay to you during your recent trip to Ocala. While we are glad that you had an overall pleasant experience, we are grateful for the detailing of the various aspects we can work on improving. Thank you for sharing these opportunities with us. Though you were able to sleep easily in your quiet room, we are sorry to hear the pool area did not offer the same quiet, relaxing atmosphere, due to our proximity to the highway. We also apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with the access to the fitness room, though it sounds like you managed to complete your routine each day.
Again, we thank you for sharing all of your kind compliments and detailed feedback with us. We welcome the next opportunity to provide you with another valuable stay.