THIS HOTEL PUTS YOUR LIFE AT RISK
20/11/2017 Aaron R,
11/19/17 Our experience here was terrible and unsafe. We got into our hotel room 120, turned on the heater,started to unpack, and then we started to smell smoke. The fire alarm went off and we rushed ... more
11/19/17 Our experience here was terrible and unsafe. We got into our hotel room 120, turned on the heater,started to unpack, and then we started to smell smoke. The fire alarm went off and we rushed to turn off the heater because that is where the smell was coming from. Next, the fire alarm continued to go off while other guests came down to see what was wrong. We frantically called the front desk and Shelby came down to check on the room. She was very courteous and respectful, while she told us that the room did smell like smoke and she would call the manager (Raj Patel). She told us that the manager said he wouldn’t come down to check it out and there was nothing that he could do because the hotel was all booked. We asked her what to do and she was very unhappy with the manager’s comments but she said the only thing to do was to call customer service. We called customer service, spoke to Doug, and they said that the room was alright to stay in but we did not want to stay in a room that could be a fire hazard. At this point, we were tempted to call the fire department and have them deal with the issue but the customer service finally said the only thing that they could do was for the front desk to call the owner. So, we went to the front desk, different employee was there (Adrian), and he called the manager (Raj Patel) AGAIN and he told Adrian to do the exact same thing that Shelby the other desk person told us. However, the front desk clerk was able to upgrade us to a suite, (even though they previously said that there were no rooms available) and we accepted with the outcome. This whole ordeal took us an hour standing outside and running back in forth from the office to our room and this is not acceptable. Please forward this to the owner and expect a message from Best Western Customer Service because we are calling them in the morning. This was an unsafe environment and I cannot believe they just said to stay in the room while the alarms were going off! However, the experience was very frustrating, I found Ariana and Shelby (desk clerks) very helpful and sympathetic about the situation. It sounds like the manager Raj Patel needs some classes in customer service. less
00gc, General Manager at Best Western Ingram Park Inn, responded to this review
Thank you for providing your review. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and concern that you experienced with regard to the alarm and the smoke issue from your heating unit in your room. We place a high priority on our guests safety and overall comfort while staying with us. I am glad that our front desk associates were able to accommodate you in another room/suite while we assess the matter in your room. During this time of the year when most of our heating is being used for the first time it is quite normal to experience a hot odor just from lack of use. We hope you will consider another stay with us where we can provide you with a more positive experience. Thank you for staying with us.
Guest Relations Manager