I normally don't complain too much about rooms. My expectations aren't difficult to meet usually and I don't consider myself overly picky. I try an choose Best Western for most of my business travel and rewards points.
Room was modern and clean, however I had a couple of issues with my stay.
1. No towels in the room - I arrived after a very long drive and went to bed straight away, so I didn't notice the missing towels until the morning. By that time, it was too late as I had to get back on the road
2. The selection of channels on the TV was limited, compared to other properties I've stayed at. Some of the channels were blurry and the audio quality was less than ideal. I think this is a source issue, not the TV itself, but...
3. Every other BW I've stayed at has gone out of their way to acknowledge or at least ask for my BW Rewards card at check in - not a peep and almost seemed surprised when I presented my card.
4. In the morning, hotel lobby had an almost overpowering smell of curry type spices. Understand the hotel restaurant is Indian - but it was most unpleasantly strong, even in the lobby
5. Breakfast was ok, but not the nicest selection I've seen. Also, the breakfast area seemed disorganized and not particularly clean (sink filled with debris?)
6. Upon checkout, I stood at the desk for 5 minutes. Ringing the bell on the desk didn't summon anyone, Finally I called the hotel number from my cell. It rang several times, then a guy emerged from the office. He seemed confused and surprised to see me - almost as if he'd been sleeping until my phone call. I've worked shift work for most of my adult life so I know nightshifts can be hard, but the time of morning I checked out I'd expect someone to at least be at the desk.
Overall, just a disappointing stay due to the missing details that usually aren't a problem at other Best Western properties I've stayed at. less
Wayne T, Manager at Best Western Downtown Sudbury Centreville, responded to this review
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. Our apologies that you did not enjoy your stay with us and for the issues you faced. We will review your comments with the necessary parties to insure no future occurrences such as what you described. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us.