One of the better Bradford Hotel
20/01/2018 Tr0picalTravellers, Cambridge, United Kingdom
I stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks during a training course. It’s one of the better ones in the area, although Bradford is not somewhere I’d ordinarily choose to visit. It was easy to get to and loc... more
I stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks during a training course. It’s one of the better ones in the area, although Bradford is not somewhere I’d ordinarily choose to visit. It was easy to get to and located at the end of the motorway.
• The Reception staff were great, very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble
• My room on the first floor was adequate and had at some stage been “refurbished”. The room of a colleague of mine staying on a higher floor was quite poor and he was eventually moved on request. The rooms were clean.
• The bathroom looked dated but the shower was wonderful and very strong
• An iron and ironing board were in the room
• Free Wi-fi was available and there was a lift
• Unfortunately, I barely slept for two of the weeks I was there due to the other guests shouting in the corridors and generally being noisy in their rooms as well as outside. The room doors are quite heavy and continually bang. My colleagues had the same problem and it was an issue for all of us as we were revising for exams as well as trying to sleep. Some consideration needs to be given to better sound proofing
• I chose this hotel because it had a swimming pool which I was intending to use but didn’t in the end
• The hotel is very popular for wedding receptions and there were several very colourful weddings during my stay that brought extra guests to the hotel so it was very busy, particularly on Thursdays
• The bar was popular and I had food there on a few occasions. Most of it was fine
• There was a snack vending machine
• There are two supermarkets within walking distance of the hotel in either direction and both have cafes. There is also a fast food restaurant
• A garage is also nearby selling snacks as well as fuel
• Beware of the standard of driving in Bradford, it’s scary!
If I had to go back to Bradford again, I’d prefer to stay at this hotel as it was better than the alternative in the area less
Japinder A, General Manager at Best Western Bradford Guide Post Hotel, responded to this review
We are the Best Western Guide Post Hotel. common Road, Low Moor, Bradford. We do not have the facilities you have mentioned such as a lift or a Swimming Pool, you must be reviewing another Hotel. Why not give us a try next time you are in Bradford you wont be disappointed.