Worst hotel and staff in the last 20 years of travel. DO NOT STAY HERE.
I don't review much. In cases of poor or less-than-desired hotels, I tend to let things go. However, when a property is either wonderful or simply terrible and a rip-off, I feel that a review can/wi... more
I don't review much. In cases of poor or less-than-desired hotels, I tend to let things go. However, when a property is either wonderful or simply terrible and a rip-off, I feel that a review can/will be welcomed by the 'brand' (corporate) so that the issues can be addressed, or the review will act as a caution to travelers that spend hard-earned resources (and time).
In this case, I am writing to warn potential customers and travelers. And I do not do this with pleasure - or lightly.
Here is a PARTIAL list of issues:
1. Upon check in, 'Zaine' at the desk was really lovely. My room was not. I washed my hands upon arrival and the sink would not drain - pushing the drain plug to enable this, I found the drain was broken. I changed rooms. The second room smelled like vomit...strongly. The heater was at 83 degrees; they were obviously trying to dry a 'cleaned' carpet. I changed rooms. The third room: the sink had no COLD water at all. The control for that was not working - but I stayed there, because it was the lesser of the evils. The carpet was burned in dozens of places, as were the curtains. Paint was chipping in several places. The furnishings were ancient. The fridge did not work...it needed to be defrosted.
2. My brother's room: the closet did not close. Burned carpets and filthy bath.
3. Elevator and walls/floors of entire hotel FILTHY.
4. Bartender at their restaurant was RUDE. Seemed to be too busy to really be friendly - and the bar was empty.
5. Desk person told us rooms had been recently renovated - we asked for two of those - she told us though, that she had NO IDEA which rooms! So why mention it?
6. My brother was charged twice. When he questioned this, the new desk person told him he'd have to take it up with the manager. He did so. Without response. The desk person LIED telling him that the manager had left for the day. But we'd seen him 20 minutes before! OH..sorry...maybe he's on property - I'll page him...with a promise we would hear back from him about the overage. We left phone numbers and were told we'd hear in 30 minutes. Never heard back in two days.
7. The free breakfast food (all except the packaged yogurt) was disgusting, although the staff member there (a man) was very kind.
I have written to Best Western Corporate. I want a full refund. One does not pay hundreds of dollars for services that are not delivered, for a rude and lying staff, a filthy property and rooms that simply do not...work. This is theft.
It is probable that you might see and 'automatic' response from a manager or the property in the normal reply below - I don't know. But it will likely be a placating and dishonest lie.
DO NOT STAY HERE - there are five other hotels within eyesight - I've stayed in three of them and they are ALL better than this fleabag. less