The GOAT of Customer Service
I have never been a fan of the Best Western chain, and I am still because it is a chain that I do not patron because it is not the "type" of hotel I prefer. HOWEVER, the managers and staff at the Bes... more
I have never been a fan of the Best Western chain, and I am still because it is a chain that I do not patron because it is not the "type" of hotel I prefer. HOWEVER, the managers and staff at the Best Western Biltmore Plaza blew me away. They epitomize the saying, "exceeding the customer's expectations." Please take time to read:
1. We had the best experience with Ms. Yvette (front desk) because she was so helpful with shuttle transportation and local suggestions. Just a pleasant person.
2. The young man in the gift shop, with the beautiful coiled hair, went into depth about the restaurants to visit and when pressed to tell me where he would eat, he gave the suggestion without hesitation. He even explained who owned the restaurants.
3. Ms.Josette - the housekeeping manager - now she was a gem. I had a minor issue upon check-in and asked for sheet. She happened to be in the hallway when I looked out of the the room (room 209) to check for housekeeping. Instead of telling me she will send someone, without hesitation, she grabbed sheets, walked in our room and proceeded to remake the bed. We chatted and she gave advice and we laughed. She is such a gem. Her employee looked in the room and I told her employee that Ms. Josette was available and she was not in trouble, but Ms. Josette just jumped in and took care of the request. Ms. Josette exuded true servant-leadership.
4. Mr. Edmond - our shuttle driver. Oh my..he was awesome. He gave a little history for things we saw as he drove us to San Ignacio and afterward, took us to a nice little place for lunch. We sat and chatted with him and ate like we were friends. We really enjoyed his company.
5. Now for the MVP, the G.O.A.T (greatest of all times) of all Hotel Sales Managers. (I forgot her name) BUT this woman made mountains move. We ate hudut in San Pedro and I had fallen in love with it. The restaurants in Belize that sold hudut were closed. BW does not have the dish on their menu. But that was nothing for this manager. They checked the ingredients in the kitchen and the Chef went to the store for ingredients that were not in the kitchen and presented me with Sarere (hudut without the plantain). I was like a child and hugged his neck so hard and long. This is what you do for a guest that you want to show, your team cannot be outdone. Please give this lady a raise or bonus. AND she walked us to our room to ensure our water temperature issue was resolved (yes, we had cold water the first night).
6. Kimara was the best restaurant server as she laughed with us and was so pleasant.
7. Jesus was on time to pick us up from the water taxi the day we left San Pedro and did not miss a beat.
8. And I shall not forget Andy (bellhop) that showed me rooms before check-in so I could determine if we wanted to upgrade. His conversation was so easy and we joked.
These are just the people I had interactions with and they were the perfect interactions. Especially for me because I had horrible flight issues getting to Belize and lost a portion of my week that began in San Pedro. Now, The Grand Caribe was phenomenal and my typical place I reserve. It met my expectations. But the Best Western Biltmore...the service will blow you away. If I wrote more, readers would feel this is a paid review. Trust me it is not..just read some of my others reviews. LOL
Bestwestern Biltmore Plaza Management, hats off to you and your staff. Whatever you are doing to have such an award winning staff, keep doing and reward them to keep the best of the best. I will definitely recommend this hotel based on your team alone. less
Ted Tejada, General Manager at Best Western Plus Belize Biltmore Plaza, responded to this review
Hi Julieta, I enjoyed reading your feedback. As the GM of this hotel, it delights me to read of how our employees are doing. Yes, we do not have hudut on our menu but there is nothing to hard our staff would not do for our guests. As a matter a fact I got to enjoy some that night. it was delicious. Please do not hesitate to visit us on your return. I am happy that you are now a Best Western Customer.