Stayed here for 2 nights and these are the 2 worst nights I have had in a hotel.
The room was small cold and crammed with furniture. It resembled the look and feel of a bed sit. The room was really cold, when we asked about the heating we was told it wasn’t working and that a electric heater would be put in our room. When the heater turned up it wasn’t powerful enough to heat the room and was really noisy. On closer inspection of the heater the electrical test tag was way out of date. I checked the hair drier which I had to clean all the dust and muck out of as it stunk when it was used, the hairdryer was also out of electrical test.
The bathroom was small and if you sat in the toilet and leaned forward you would hit your head on the sink. The water pressure for a shower was non existent and the water would not get hot. If you tried to fill the bath it would take ages and be cold.
The swimming pool would could be better decried as a indoor pond. The pool had obviously had its life and at some point had been tanked with a rubber liner that was all coming away at the corners and edges. There was not a lot of Chlorine in the pool and the Pool sides and bottom was going a funny colour and to keep with the water temp of the hotel the pool was cold.
The food at the restaurant was terrible. We ordered burgers one night and they come out pink in the middle (not cooked). When we complained we was offered a free drink, like this makes up for poor food quality. The breakfast was small and poor quality and also cold. The serving trays were not kept heated and the heated plate warmer never worked. The serving trays had tin foil on top of them in a effort to keep them warm but as they were not labelled you had to keep lifting the tin foil to see what was under them. The toaster kept eating the toast and jamming.
The whole hotel is a death trap. When we used the stairs we saw a vertical metal rail in the staircase was missing and the gap as big enough for a infant/child to get through and fall.
My advice is to avoid this hotel at all costs. After this experience with Best Western I doubt I will ever stay at a Best Western again. less