18/03/2018 Nick_Strong115, Oxford
My initially very positive impression didn't last the stay. On the good side are that it is modern, well-appointed, well-located and staff are professional. The room was similarly pleasant and very sp... more
My initially very positive impression didn't last the stay. On the good side are that it is modern, well-appointed, well-located and staff are professional. The room was similarly pleasant and very spacious. Counterbalancing that . . .
- the room was spacious, with an enormous 'foyer' area and a range of three large wardrobes. However, the bed recess was not so generous (it could easily have been) such that there was only a narrow gap between the bed and the wall to each side.
- similarly, there was a separate toilet but its compartment was so small as to require the door to open outwards. Absolutely no need for that bearing in mind the excess of space elsewhere.
- there's a good desk area, but no convenient electrical outlets to plug in a computer. I had to unplug the drinks kettle to do so. Coffee provided but only green tea.
- breakfast was a shambles, with the buffet set out along a wall with adjacent tables so close that people sitting there had to shift out of the way to enable people to serve themselves who then had to push their way back. This congestion meant that queues built up, people frustrated and muttering. The sophisticated coffee machine required expertise and familiarity in order to operate.
- the food (I had supper and a minimal breakfast) was passable without being outstanding.
- finally, the hotel is arranged in three separate zones: two bedroom zones on first and second floors and the restaurant on the third floor. There is no connection between the zones, so one cannot get to the restaurant without going down to reception in one lift (there are three) and then up in the separate third floor lift. Mad ! less
aquakub, Responsable commercial at Best Western Aquakub, responded to this review
Many thanks for sharing your experience with us, and we are quite sorry the architecture of the hotel did not correspond to your expectations.
The size and organisation of the rooms depend where they are located in the building but all guarantee a minimum size of 21 sqm.
We plan to add a spare electrical outlet under the desk so you will not need tu unplug any items in the room, as well as we think about the re-organisation of the breakfast area. Our coffee machine is a professionnal Nespresso which only requires to put a cap and press the button. Our brekfast offer is a full continental breakfast, inlcuding also cheese, ham, scrambled eggs, sausages, crunchy potatoes at the very attractive rate à 13.00 €
Your room was located on the second floor which was connected with the 1st floor (where you can take another lift to go to the restaurant) and with the lobby where you can reach any other services of the hotel. This part of the hotel is the most quiet, as nobody else than guests is going to this area; we are sorry you did not appreciate this.
See you next time!