Winners announced for
Best Western’s 2018 awards
The best of Best Western Great Britain hotels were crowned this week at its annual awards ceremony supported by Brakes. The awards, in their 40th year, celebrated the largest collection of independent hotels in Great Britain at the brand’s Annual Members Conference in Brighton, hosted by BBC food and drink broadcaster Nigel Barden.
Accolades were distributed for a variety of categories, ranging from fans’ favourites voted for by guests, to the property that made the biggest difference to their local communities. A full list of the results can be found below.
- Jewel of the Year, sponsored by Ab InBev: Frank Caulfield – Dean Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection
- Making a Difference Locally Award, sponsored by BWBCT: Best Western Forest Hills Hotel
- Best Customer Experience Winner (small hotel), sponsored by Matthew Clark: Best Western Hotel De Havelet
- Best Customer Experience Winner (medium hotel), sponsored by Matthew Clark: Best Western Premier Mount Pleasant Hotel
- Best Customer Experience Winner (large hotel), sponsored by Matthew Clark: Best Western Kings Manor Hotel
- Best Western Hotel of the Year Award Winner (small hotel), sponsored by Fidelity: Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel
- Best Western Hotel of the Year Award Winner (medium hotel), sponsored by Fidelity: Best Western Plus Glendower Hotel
- Best Western Hotel of the Year Award Winner (large hotel), sponsored by Fidelity: Best Western Premier Yew Lodge Hotel & Conference Centre
- Fans’ Favourite Award, sponsored by Guestline: Ambleside Salutation Hotel, BW Premier Collection
- Outstanding Contribution Award, sponsored by Brakes: Best Western Plus Lee Wood Hotel
- Best Western Rewards Insider Hotel Award, sponsored by McCain: Best Western Corona
- Most Improved Hotel Award, sponsored by Black & White Hospitality: Best Western Plus Glendower Hotel
- Associate Hotel of the Year, sponsored by Knight Frank: Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection
- Staff Member of the Year from Central Office: Bruce Adams
Les Asplen, Managing Director of Best Western Great Britain, said:
“It is important to take the time to recognise the excellent work going on across our brilliantly different collection of hotels. No two Best Western properties are the same, and that uniqueness is central to our hotels personalities and individual guest experiences.
“The awards help us recognise the hotels which are setting the bar highest with their exceptional standards of customer care and guest experience of which we are immensely proud.”
About Best Western GB
Best Western GB represents the largest collection of independently owned and family run hotels in Great Britain, with over 250 properties across the country. From beach front properties and mountain views, to city escapes, rural retreats and both modern and listed buildings, each hotel is different. What brings them together is their commitment to the quality, value and standards of service that every guest receives.
Best Western GB is a retained-profit membership organisation that helps hotels maintain their independence. Committed to representing the views of its independently owned member hotels, Best Western GB tackles key industry issues on their behalf, including the effects of Government policies and legislation, industry changes and environmental impact on the heartbeat of the Great British hospitality industry.