Winners Announced at Best Western's Annual Members Conference
Best Western hosted Great Britain’s largest collection of independent hotels at its 42nd Annual Members Conference at the Edinburgh Sheraton Hotel and Spa this week.
With over 260 hotels across 11 brands, accolades were awarded to hoteliers of all sizes for their excellent customer service, quality standards, and dedication to hospitality. A full list of winners can be found below:
- Best Customer Experience Winner (small hotel), sponsored by Black & White Hospitality, presented by Marco Pierre White: Best Western Hotel De Havelet
- Best Customer Experience Winner (medium hotel), sponsored by Black & White Hospitality: Best Western Plus Lee Wood Hotel
- Best Customer Experience Winner (large hotel), sponsored by Black & White Hospitality: Best Western Kings Manor Hotel
- Best Western Hotel of the Year Award Winner (small hotel), sponsored by Nestle Professional: Best Western Eglinton Arms Hotel
- Best Western Hotel of the Year Award Winner (medium hotel), sponsored by Nestle Professional: Best Western Pontypool Metro Hotel
- Best Western Hotel of the Year Award Winner (large hotel), sponsored by Nestle Professional: Best Western Tillington Hall Hotel
- Fans Favourite Award, sponsored by OTA Insight: Best Western Kinloch Hotel
- Outstanding Contribution Award, sponsored by Jacobs Douwe Egberts - Professional: Best Western The Gables Hotel
- Rewards Insider Hotel Award, sponsored by Taittenger: Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel & Spa
- Most Improved Hotel Award, sponsored by Matthew Clark: Best Western Hotel Bristol
- Associate Hotel of the Year, sponsored by OpenTable International: Ten Hill Place, BW Premier Collection
- Staff Member of the Year (central office) sponsored by Shelter: Jodie Thomson, Member Helpdesk
The Awards also recognise and celebrate those hotels who have been part of the Best Western brand family for longest, and 18 hotels have this year been recognised for over 575 years’ service collectively. Seven hotels were recognised for being in brand for 25 years, four hotels for 30 years, three for 35 years, one for 40 years and three hotels for 45 years’ service to the brand.
Robert Paterson, CEO at Best Western Great Britain, said “This year has been another record-breaking year for Best Western and that’s why it’s incredibly important to us to get together to recognise and celebrate the hard work our independent hoteliers put in. Congratulations again to all of this year’s winners and we look forward to seeing what the rest of 2020 has to offer!”
About Best Western GB
Best Western is a brilliantly different collection of independent hotels proudly giving a personal welcome to guests for over 70 years. With over 260 distinctive hotels in Great Britain alone, there is more to explore with Best Western.
Best Western GB is a retained-profit membership organisation that helps hotels maintain their independence. Committed to representing the views of its independently owned member hotels, Best Western GB tackles key industry issues on their behalf, including the effects of Government policies and legislation, industry changes and environmental impact on the heartbeat of the Great British hospitality industry.
To find out more visit Best Western GB's Media Centre: www.bestwestern.co.uk/company/best-western-media-centre
Back to Media Centre