BEST WESTERN Monkbar Hotel
One of York's treasures, the hotel is at the heart of York overlooking the city walls, just a Roman stone's throw away from the city's historic landmarks. Five minutes from York Minster and the famous Shambles, you'll also be within easy reach of the city's selection of individual designer shops and boutiques. York has an array of museums that offer a glimpse into the city's rich past, from Jorvik to the finest railway museum in the world.
Exploring York and Yorkshire
York is the perfect place to stay, and from here you can explore the best that Yorkshire has to offer - the Moors, the Dales and the rugged coast with hidden fishing villages. There's a wealth of historic houses and awesome gardens right on the doorstep. Further afield you can enjoy locations made famous by writers and television- from Haworth and the Bronte country to the setting for Emmerdale, and Goatland - the location for Heartbeat.
Things to do in York
Landmarks and getting around
- 0.5 miles from York Minster
- 0.5 miles from City Walls and Minster gardens
- 0.5 miles from Jorvik Viking Museum
- 0.5 miles from York Castle Museum
- 1 mile from York Railway Museum
- 10 miles from Castle Howard - setting for Brideshead Revisited
- 30 miles from the coast - Scarborough, Whitby, and Filey
- 25 miles to James Herriiot country - Thirsk and the Yorkshire Dales
- 20 miles to the City of Ripon, with another famous Cathedral
- 20 miles to the Spa town of Harrogate - winner of Britain in Bloom
There are lots of shopping opportunities nearby.
Find out more about attractions near the BEST WESTERN Monkbar Hotel.
BEST WESTERN Monkbar Hotel at a glance
It's all yours in York! You'll find the following at the BEST WESTERN Monkbar Hotel!
- Elegant function suite for weddings and celebrations
- Extensive lounges
- Free WiFi throughout the hotel bedrooms and all public areas
- On-site parking for 60 cars
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome - charge £7.50 each per night
- 99 hotel rooms including family rooms and Four Posters
- Liberty Bar
- The finest meeting facilities in York - 9 high-tech Meeting and conference rooms
- Environmentally friendly hotel - winner of Green Team of the Year
- Cloisters Restaurant
You''ll find a friendly welcome and smile when you choose the Monkbar! From the moment you check-in you'll find People with Personality will help you to make the most from your visit to York. Visit our VIP Policy on the website to find out how well we welcome your Very Important Pet! Families and Reunion groups find York the ideal destination for get-togethers!