Solid 4 star hotel - a very comfortable 3 night stay
27/12/2018 SapphireRose88, London, United Kingdom
We stayed here for 3 nights over Christmas. The hotel is located just outside the old town and is about 8 minutes walk to the Christmas markets beside the large Cathedral. It was really easy to reach ... more
We stayed here for 3 nights over Christmas. The hotel is located just outside the old town and is about 8 minutes walk to the Christmas markets beside the large Cathedral. It was really easy to reach from the main Strasbourg train station, just a 10 min tram ride. You stop at tram stop called Gallia and from there is just less than 5mins by foot. All in all the hotel is excellent base for exploring Strasbourg all town.
* nice big room, we got a junior suite. Although, I must say in comparison to other hotel 'suites' this one seemed more of a normal average room.
* nice bathroom, as what you would expect from a suite it was made of marble flooring and a bath. However the jacuzzi function in the bath was either out of order or we couldn't seem to work it. Not a bad range of toiletries as well, paraban free!
* We used the sauna which was basically a single room near the Suites. It was quite nice that it's private so you can use it at your leisure. You have to make an advance reservation with the reception.
* Nice touch that the hotel left some chocolates for us on the bed.
* Room is impeccably clean. Comfy beds. Coffee making facilities provided.
* Polite and attentive front desk.
* Not much to say here really, we just basically used the room to sleep and spent a little more time in the room on 25th December as everything around strasbourg was closed! I have stayed in other 5 stars hotels around Europe before so if I were to compare, I would give this hotel a solid 4 star rating overall.
I would choose this hotel to stay if I were to visit Strasbourg again in future. And certainly in their suite room which is much bigger than their classic room.