Good Hotel, Friendly Staff, Nice Amenities
14.04.2018 northwayjg, Honolulu, Hawaii
I stayed in this hotel for 31 days while I waited for Military Housing. Overall, it was a decent place to stay. The driver of the shuttle van was quick to pick us up and very friendly. The front de... more
I stayed in this hotel for 31 days while I waited for Military Housing. Overall, it was a decent place to stay. The driver of the shuttle van was quick to pick us up and very friendly. The front desk staff is very knowledgeable, and helped with correcting my reservation. (I booked using the government rate and not the TLA rate). And our housekeeping lady, Mercy, was super friendly and thorough. The wait staff at the restaurant were always cheerful and helpful.
Here's our stream of conscience:
- The king size bed was dangerously comfortable. More than one day disappeared because of a surprise nap.
- Our TV was upgraded from a 36in to a 55in, which was super nice.
- The refrigerator and microwave were standard sizes for a hotel.
- The bathroom had one vanity and bathtub that was just a little too shallow for a nice relaxing bath.
- The pool area was rarely crowded and had a decent size. Chairs and Tables and clean water. But quite a few ants...
- Complementary WiFi allowed for four devices. Which for two technologically immersed people is about half as many as we needed.
- The location was fairly convenient. Hickam is about an hour walk or 8 min drive, and the Pearl Harbor NEX was about the same.
- The floor would get wet whenever it rained, which I found really weird.
- Parking was free for guests, and the garage is floors two through five, with six through twelve for the rooms.
- There were two elevators, and no choice to use the stairs. There was no service elevator, and the two elevators they did have were slow. Especially at rush hour.
- There are four washing machines and four dryers on the first floor, but they are $3.25 per load, each.
- There was a free gym on the twelfth floor. It's not real big, but there are some free weights and one bench, two treadmills, and some other things.
- On Tues, Wed, and Thurs, the restaurant is closed, and guests are directed to Airport Honolulu Hotel's restaurant, which is honestly better. It's just a 10min walk...
- The number of homeless people right outside the hotel is a little concerning. less
Brent K, Manager at Best Western The Plaza Hotel, responded to this review
Thank you for staying at Best Western The Plaza Hotel!
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you waited for housing. We understand how stressful this time is and it is refreshing to know we were able to make you comfortable. Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We always try to see how we can improve and provide the best experience for our guests.
We will share this review with Mercy and thank her for a job well done in providing you great service!
Thank you again for your stay and we hope you are now settled into your new house!
Assistant General Manager