I stayed here for one night and everything about the experience was average/just above poor. Here are my opinions of this hotel:
- I checked in about an hour early. I forgot myself and in all the rushing in the morning to get to the hotel, I ended up making good time on the motorway. I have no idea why the girl checking me in couldn't have simply said "we are delighted to be able to check you in as your room is ready!" Instead I got "you're early but the room is ready" I know I'm being picky but come on, whats happened to a bit of customer service, eh?!
- I didn't get the impression there is a good manager in this place and I think they're under staffed.
- I stayed in a single room and it was dated and a bit rough around the edges. It had 'splash' stains of something around the doorframe of the bathroom. I really don't want to think what they might be. The room was boiling hot when I got back to it that evening and there is no air conditioning. The bed was comfortable.
- I do have to note that the wifi worked without any need to call reception. I'm always surprised at how hit and miss wifi in hotels can be. Keeping to the positives, car parking was very easy and it was free; the hotel was very easy to find.
- The hotel feels a bit stuck in 1990. There is no lift but the receptionist asked if I needed help with my bags.
- Ok, breakfast... There is a reasonably ok continental selection of cereals, toast, pastries and tinned fruit, etc. I ordered a cooked breakfast with two poached eggs. I waited about 25 minutes and my breakfast came looking under cooked and one egg was on my plate. The head waitress noticed as she brought it to me (she was really nice and rushed off her feet) and asked if I wanted the other egg, I said no, it'd take too long. Then I noticed that the breakfast was undercooked. She agreed, took it back to the kitchen and came back with a better cooked breakfast with (of course!) only one egg. Again. Whatever. Breakfast is £9 which is actually quite reasonable, and it tasted ok. My breakfast was cooked to order but after I ordered they were setting up a breakfast buffet. Weird.
- After what felt like AGES in the restaurant I went to get my case to check out. No one was on reception (apart from the receptionist when I checked in and the waitress, I didn't see any other staff at all) so I left my key and left (you pay for your room upon arrival) I didn't expect anyone me to wish me a good day or to ask how my stay was.
I wouldn't stay here again and I'd recommend that unless they've got a good deal running that's worth it to you, look for somewhere else. They need to raise their customer service game if the rooms remain in the condition they're in.