There were pros and cons of this last stay at a hotel during covid restrictions. Overall this hotel was a good one in a great location and will stay at this hotel again even though some of the cons in this review may seem "deal breakers" to others, but I will assume these were one off items unless they repeat again in another stay here.
Pros - great pool with slide and hot tub. Had sign up sheets so capacity was capped at 10 in pool area at any time, which was nice to keep numbers down and easy to plan time at pool.
- breakfast, all other hotels we have stayed at during covid only offer snack items for breakfast (granola bars or yogurt). This had take back to your room and heat up sausage sandwiches and other items so you can still have a hot breakfast along with the bars and yogurt.
- room overall size and accommodations were nice (queen suite room) with 2 TVs 2 queen beds and sitting area with hide-a-bed.
- Staff was very friendly and helpful, but seemed understaffed for cleaning crew.
Cons - Cleaning crew, hotel was fully booked night before and cleaning staff short so room not ready at check in time. No big deal, but can be frustrating. Good location so places nearby to go to to kill time and come back later.
- Room cleanliness, this could have been the deal breaker. After delayed check in, room was clearly not vacuumed, some surfaces sticky in places, dark urine and hair on toilet base. Found several items previous tenants had left behind including, large bag of food with half food still in it on shelf between beds, large ball of saran wrap plastic under foot of bed, 4" toy ball beside bed, hair scrunchy and other trash items. We did not report this until check out 2 days later just because was tired on first day and did not want to interrupt our time.
- no linens for hide-a-bed. When bed was pulled out when getting ready to use it, there was no bed cover on mattress and not linens or extra pillows found in room. Night Desk staff helpful and quick in getting this for us. Did not at first see stain on mattress, but likely a drink accident and hopefully not the other kind of "accident".
Overall - Would have expected a greatly level of cleaning during this time especially when the hotels specifically says they are cleaning to higher standards, but after talking to Manager at check out, they seem aware of cleaning staff issues and staff changes were already being made. I am certain at my next stay these issues will be resolved. less