Recommended for Your Southfield Stay
07/11/2019 VaporK8, Southfield, Michigan
This beautiful, mid-century modern architectural gem is a City of Southfield landmark. We upgraded our reservation (for a very reasonable price) to an upper floor of the iconic center tower that gave ... more
This beautiful, mid-century modern architectural gem is a City of Southfield landmark. We upgraded our reservation (for a very reasonable price) to an upper floor of the iconic center tower that gave us a magnificent city view. Parking is free and secure. One is greeted in the lobby with a bowl of fresh fruit and complimentary coffee from an espresso machine or water for hot tea. The lobby is lovely with the active water sculpture and comfortable business center with complimentary Wall Street Journal newspapers for businesswomen and men.
We noticed a 15 minute wait when we checked in at 3pm, however the reception people were pleasant and helpful.
Indeed, the rooms are not as roomy as now-a-days, but our's was retrofitted with plenty of working ports and outlets for our electronics. Complimentary high-speed Internet is available as well. The shower water temperature was easily adjusted and hot enough. The shower head however, delivered only a weak water stream. Toiletries were from a nice Velvet Rope collection. I received extra towels immediately on request. Brighter lighting around the mirror would be more conducive to make-up application.
We enjoyed the fresh, comfortable King bed linens. Room temperature was quickly responsive and kept us cozy. We heard some hallway talk, but nothing obtrusive. We slept restfully despite a large Gala celebration in the Ball Room.
The Best Western Premier Southfield houses an on-site restaurant. The Nomad Grill offerings are fresh, eclectic and tasty. Happy Hour begins at the bar at 2:30 pm, even on Saturdays.
All in all, I recommend this BWP Detroit Southfield hotel for its central location, its history, structural beauty, comfort and reasonable pricing. less
Surjit S, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Premier Detroit Southfield Hotel, responded to this review
Dear VaporK8-Thanks a ton dear for your very kind comments besides a high score of 4/5 by liking greeting in lobby, newspaper availability, high speed internet, good shower, comfortable bed and ambience. We are truly a multipurpose hotel. We have kept in mind what a traveler needs away from the family and loaded with daily stress. Apart from our SUPER-FRIENDLY AND GUEST CENTERIC TEAM, we distinguish ourselves with more reasons, for business travelers to choose us:
1. Newest and freshest business traveler hotel in the area.
2. A special grade luxurious king size bed and double bed option that takes you in hypnotic sleep and availability of pillow menu.
3. Ultra Violet sanitization of our mattresses and hard surfaces to keep these from unwanted elements 99.9% free.
4. A special silky nightlight for the female travelers who do not prefer to sleep in total darkness. This silky light is part of our architecturally designed table lamps.
5. Architectural mood lighting back of the bed, to keep you happy and relaxed, after hours.
6. TV remotes with Germ Resistant coating.
7. Choice of Glass shower and tub bathrooms to provide a choice to the business travelers
8. Media inter connectivity panel for HDMI, VGA, Audio/Video, S-Video, USB Ports and International Power Adapter, provided in each room.
9. Highest speed internet connectivity for free WIFI.
10. 1000 sqft large fitness center with outdoor views in addition to sauna and VIP Business Lounge.
11. In room fitness-in-a-bag for travelers wanting to workout within their room.
12. Hard wired internet connection for total security in the Business Center.
13. Night hours Car park security seven days a week.
14. Smoke free - Rooms and indoor public areas. Designated smoking places outside the building.
15. Freshly baked breads and cakes from our onsite bakery and hot buffet breakfast with an option for Ala Carte. For example, you can order egg benedicts or omelette of your choice.
16. Award winning full service onsite restaurant and bar that provides for 21st century environment and choicest of wine and beers collections.
17. Room service for breakfast. lunch or dinner.
18. No time wasted free car parking with nearly 500 car parks.
19. Choice of meeting rooms/event spaces from 5 up to 1000 persons.
20. Very central location with prominent places within 15-20 min and 0.5 mile off I- 696 and M-10.
21. Magnificent views of skyline of Metro Detroit and flora-fauna from the Tower rooms
Dear VaporK8 , We look forward to your delightful return and until then we will miss you.
Best Regards Guest Relations