Lovely hotel grounds, but customer service is a problem.
20/07/2019 budafudawuda, Ubud, Indonesia
Today we checked out of the Best Western Premier Agung in Ubud. Our experience was a mixed bag. The hotel itself was okay, but a lack of attention to customer service will mean we would probably choos... more
Today we checked out of the Best Western Premier Agung in Ubud. Our experience was a mixed bag. The hotel itself was okay, but a lack of attention to customer service will mean we would probably choose to stay elsewhere if we come back to Ubud.
- The hotel grounds are beautiful, immaculately clean, quiet, and well presented;
- The wifi is very fast;
- Staff are warm and friendly, but this is only part of the story;
- The location is good. A 10-15 walk to Ubud's restaurant and shops, but away from the hustle and bustle;
- The bed is reasonably comfortable;
- A lovely big bathroom;
- There is a nice pool area to relax in;
- There is a buffet breakfast. It's okay. The food is a bit soggy and luke warm, but there's a lot of options. Some days are better than others.
- The major problem here is customer service. The staff are welcoming and kind, but there is more to customer service than smiles. There needs to be action and follow-through. This is a four-star hotel. We contacted reception/room service on three occasions. Each time our request was forgotten and we needed to make follow-up calls to prompt staff into action.
The first time, I walked to reception to request a large cup and soft pillow for my partner. It was quiet in the reception at the time. The receptionist told us she would take care of it. 45 minutes later, we still hadn't heard a thing. We wanted to go to bed. I phoned the reception and the receptionist said she was "still trying" to find the items. Coincidentally, the items arrived three minutes later.
The second time, my partner placed an order for room service. The food didn't require cooking. 45 minutes later, nothing had arrived. My partner telephoned. The man at room service said the food was "still being prepared", but then asked my partner to repeat the order and my partner could hear him writing the order down on paper. It arrived 15 minutes later.
On both occasions, it was obvious the requests had been forgotten. Instead of being honest, the staff pretended like everything was fine.
At breakfast the next morning, my partner ordered an omelette. It sat forgotten on the counter for ten minutes and, once again, he had to walk up to the counter, point to it, and ask for it to be brought out.
- The bathroom is lovely, but we were unable to use the bath because the plug mechanism was broken. The water also wasn't very hot;
- There was a lot of noise and banging of doors;
- The room itself is small;
- The private balconies on our side of the hotel were accessible along the front by a little stone garden. Staff members often walked across the front of our private balcony, which faced out onto a private residence and rice field. One time, we were lying inside with the curtains open in our underwear.
- Check-in is from 2pm. We arrived at 2.30pm and our room was still not ready.
- The hotel offers a buggy service into Ubud. It leaves every hour until 8 pm. Unfortunately, the buggy is too small to accommodate the number of guests, and most times is fully booked.
The Best Western Premier Agung Ubud is a mixed bag. The beauty of the resort and friendliness of the staff is overshadowed by poor customer service. The failings are quite obvious. Weighing the pros and cons, I think we would choose to stay somewhere else if we came back to Ubud. less
Agung U, General Manager at Best Western Premier Agung Resort Ubud, responded to this review
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to send us your feedback.
On behalf of Best Western Premier Agung Resort Ubud, please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience you were caused during your stay with us.
Your comments have certainly raised many areas of concern that need to be addressed and will inspire us to strive harder for our future guests.
We sincerely hope that this experience will not impair your confidence in the Best Western hotel Network.
Take Care and God Bless,