Newer, clean, and well maintained property with several shortcomings particularly for family travel.
10/04/2019 TranRob, Los Angeles, California
We decided on this property as part of our visit to the Carrizo Plain National Monument based on other online reviews and were satisfied for the most part. Granted, there are not many options when vi... more
We decided on this property as part of our visit to the Carrizo Plain National Monument based on other online reviews and were satisfied for the most part. Granted, there are not many options when visiting Taft, CA, but that being said, it seemed that BW put some thought into the customer experience. As reference, we were given a first floor room and checked in around 3:00 pm.
- Clean interior with modern decor
- Pleasant smelling rooms and high ceilings that made the space feel much larger
- 24-hour coffee station with a Keurig machine
- Wide range of breakfast options (hot breakfast + cereal, push-button pancake maker)
- View of the distant mountains from the breakfast room
- 2 blocks from their "main," street. The main street is a short strip of small shops and restaurants. Unfortunately, many were closed / out of business. The nearby highway is where one would go to access the grocery store, gas, and fast food places i.e. McDonalds.
- Very noisy. There was a constant hum and clanging well past 11:00 pm. We would have addressed this with the staff, however, dealt with the issue figuring our stay was only one night.
- First floor is actually lower than the adjacent park. This was off-putting because anyone at the park could see straight into the rooms. This area of Taft, CA had its share of vagrants, so buyer-beware. The surroundings were clean, but be smart, exercise common sense and don't leave any valuables in sight.
- Immediate surroundings are a little run-down. Dated body shop and industrial buildings (one - two story) comprise the view from the front. Down the block are run-down residences.
- No in-room safe
Keeping in mind that this is a hotel in a small town, I tried to have some perspective as I was reviewing. Overall, it's fine, however, I think these shortcomings would definitely hurt the property if it was in a larger market. less
Hotel M, Manager at Best Western Plus Taft Inn, responded to this review
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.