Perfect Hotel in any means
10/12/2016 teaki78089, Villingen-Schwenningen, Germany
I am staying more than 100 nights a year in hotels around the globe. As soon as I knew I will visit Erlangen I decided to stay at the Best Western Plus Hotel in Bad Staffelstein again even when it is ... more
I am staying more than 100 nights a year in hotels around the globe. As soon as I knew I will visit Erlangen I decided to stay at the Best Western Plus Hotel in Bad Staffelstein again even when it is approx. 45 minutes north of Erlangen.
Even as a very picky visitor this is probably one of the best hotels I know of.
What I like
- Large, clean rooms with a VERY convenient large bed. This hotel provides arguably the best hotel beds I have found in Germany. High quality material, good in size and the head rest adjustable.
- Nice sitting area, both inside the room and on the balcony
- Good sound proofing however in the rooms at the end of the floor (e.g. 119) the train can be heard which passes about 500m behind the hotel.
- Large bath room with a good size shower and good water pressure
- Large flat screen TV with good selection of national and international channels.
- Very friendly staff that makes everybody feel welcomed at any time during the stay
- Large covered parking for a reasonable fee with automatic doors and elevators leading to the hotel. So even accessible for elderly people and people with luggage
- One of the best breakfasts I know of... good selection and high quality
- Minibar in the room
- Free WiFi and fast
- Online check-in possible so all information (e.g. company address) is already in the system at arrival time
- Large wellness area with pool and sauna and extra services such as massages.
There are only two things that pop in my eyes every time I am here
a.) The management clutters the room with signs, welcome papers, rules, announcements to a point where the cozyness is affected. I once counted more than 50 of these signs. Who in the hell will read all of these? I keep on moving them in one place so I have space for other things.
b.) Fire security of the hotel is constantly compromised by the staff members. There are fire doors with large signs ("this door has to be closed") throughout the hotel and the staff keeps on blocking them open. I know these doors can be annoying but security is second to none.
If you are in the region I highly recommend that you stay here. less
kurhotel, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Kurhotel an der Obermaintherme, responded to this review
Thank you for your detailed evaluation. We can only say a big Thank You. I would like to give the praise to my colleagues. Regarding the two notes, I have good news for you. We are checked to bundle information, which is currently in paper form, via a Smart TV. Right, the fire protection doors are open, but they close automatically in case of a fire triggered by smoke detectors. Magnetic connections are installed. You are absoluteley right. Safty first. I wish you a nice Christmas time and a happy new year. Hope we see you soon back. Pia