About what I expected. I should have spent another $30 for a better hotel
19/04/2019 cnoty, Washington DC, District of Columbia
Before I start, let me say one thing: I dislike hotels to my core. I always feel like I need a hazmat suit. I'm essentially a hotel snob with a middle class budget. But I understand the necessity of h... more
Before I start, let me say one thing: I dislike hotels to my core. I always feel like I need a hazmat suit. I'm essentially a hotel snob with a middle class budget. But I understand the necessity of hotels. So, if you're very particular about hotels that you stay in, read on. If not, you may want to read a less judgmental review. I stayed at this hotel in April 2019 on a trip with my daughter to see colleges in the area.
1) Lobby - It was actually larger than I would have thought but dimly lit. By most standards it would be considered "good enough." But we skipped the free breakfast in the morning because for some reason it didn't seem that inviting. To be fair, 99% of hotel goers would likely feel fine there. But if you're in the 1% ...
2) Location - Right around the corner from a large mall, plenty of places to eat nearby and close to universities. Also, close to highways.
3) The room - Have you ever checked into a hotel and smelled a battle between carpet fresh and the odor of the room? This was my experience, and the odor won. Again, most people would likely be perfectly fine,but I judge hotels very harshly.
4) The bed - The mattress was a bit squishy for me but it may be fine for others.
5) Bathroom - It was o.k. if you're only there for a night. It was cramped and there were a few water stains, which grossed me out.
Bottom line - It's better than sleeping in your car. less
Traveled1006, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Hanes Mall Hotel, responded to this review
We sincerely appreciate your time and effort to write us a very insightful review. Our goal is to insure our guest feel welcome and enjoy their visit. It seems that this did not happen with your visit and we sincerely apologize. We thank you for staying with us and hope you enjoyed your visit with your daughter.
Best Western Plus Hanes Mall
Winston Salem, NC