For my review bias, for the last 13 years I have stayed approximately 100 nights a year in the Intercontinental / Holiday Inn Group chain and approximately 10 nights a year in the Best Western chain.
I have stayed on and off at this hotel over the last 10 years
Last date of stay = 18-20th December 2016
My ongoing experience of the hotel is as follows:
1) Arrival can be a little tricky to find as the hotel is sat back off in a cul-de-sac off the VIA ROMA on via di SAN SEBASTIANO assuming you are also familiar with the unique nature of Genova’s one way traffic system, if not this may present a challenge.
2) On arrival at the hotel, the check in staff are always extremely pleasant and friendly, from observation English, French and German are used at the front desk.
3) On arrival as a present Best Western Diamond it DID NOT appear that my room was upgraded.
4) All Guest receive free WI-FI which is great
5) The bedrooms are small, even the doubles, not for Italian standards, but small for USA and UK standards. I was allocated rooms 621 and 620.
6) All area’s including the bedrooms where always well kept, tidy and clean SEE PHOTOS
7) The Hotel does not provide an evening meal service on Sunday nights but does the rest of the week.
8) Breakfast is very Italian (nothing wrong in this), fresh coffee, sweet cakes and focaccia bread, selection of cereals there are no traditional USA or UK breakfast options excepting the scrambled egg and frankfurter type sausages.
9) Check out, was straight forward and hassle free.
In summary the hotel scores 4/5 for a good Best Western, Room Tip: This is a better and cheaper hotel that the Best Western Metropoli which is just 50M round the corner less