A boutique style hotel, some parts are remodelled and this was our second stay here, unfortunately, the hotel disappointed us this time Dont get me wrong, generally it is a upscale BW+ but so is the p... more
A boutique style hotel, some parts are remodelled and this was our second stay here, unfortunately, the hotel disappointed us this time Dont get me wrong, generally it is a upscale BW+ but so is the price. The good things first:
1) rooms are big and the suites even bigger,
2) the pool has god size and is heated
3) the cookies in the reception in the afternoon are great
4) housekeeping is perfect. Everything restocked and clean
The not so good things:
1) the interior design in the rooms is really poor, there is no good feeling when you enter your room.
2) there are no curtains, only blinds
3) only 4 drawers and a small closet in a large suite, why?
4) Breakfast should be better in a hotel like this, it was very average, the coffee was fine but often not varm enough
5) we asked for 1 hour extension of checkout-time, which seem to be a problem, we could have 30 minutes, maybe 45 minutes. Very strange, I am BW Platinum Member, but even without that, it should not have been a problem. And that leads me to the final issue..
6) the staff at reception was a bit snobbish or arrogant, which seems odd, after all this is not a french rivera upscale hotel. less
Kent B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Capitola By-The-Sea Inn & Suites, responded to this review
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the area. We strive to make your experience the best possible and we apologize that we have failed to meet your expectations in regards to breakfast and your desire for a late check out. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we work to improve our on-property experience here in Capitola. We hope you will give us another try so we may demonstrate our commitment to your loyalty to the Best Western Brand. Thank you again for your comments and we will continue to strive for excellence.