NOT a BW Plus. Pictures are Deceiving.
Husband and I stayed for one night while visiting family in Milpitas. We arrived before normal checkin time, so perhaps the room we were given (#101) was the only one available?
My, oh, my. Do NOT be deceived by the online photos if our room is in any way the typical room here. While website shows bright, large rooms with either a king bed, or two queens, we got a strange room with the smallest queen bed (it may have been a double bed, not a queen.)
It was on the first floor, with French door that opens to walkway outside. GREAT, because room was so stale and dank that we needed to air it out.
Room 101 is very poorly configured: 1/2 of the room is strangely arranged with poor utilization of the available space.
1) a tub and toilet jammed into a small space, so small that door almost hits toilet. 2) a long counter with a lone sink and nothing else, no vanity mirror, limited amenities and mismatched toiletries 3) a walk in closet, with annoying hangers, plywood railing and shelves painted a dark depressing brown 4) a strange open closet with plywood shelves, covered with peeling paper??? Why all the storage areas? Why space so poorly utilized?
The other half of the room was even WORSE. A bed, 2 nightstands, a desk, 1 desk chair, a bureau with TV on top, microwave and fridge, and a small table with coffee maker all jammed together. Literally jammed together. (Some items would have been better placed in the useless shelf area or on the long counter with the lonely sink in the other half of the room.
1. Website offers/shows 1 King or 2 Queens. This was the smallest queen bed ever, more like a double. Placed off center from the king sized headboard mounted to wall, so I knew right away it was not a king sized bed. And for some reason, the king bed had been removed, and replaced with a small bed. Probably because of the poor use of space a larger bed would not fit?? So strange and unacceptable.
2. Big floorlamp (would not light, so it uselessly took up floor space) but no armchair next to it. In fact, only chair was the desk chair, so 1 of us had to sit on bed.
3. Space between bed and bureau very narrow. Hard to maneuver. Note to staff: mount TV on wall and put drawers in the strange closet/shelf area. Lose the bureau. Free up some space at foot of bed.
4. Dark, dreary, depressing colors. Had to keep lights on, it was so dark. Allegedly renovated recently, but does not appear to be. Looks like 1985.
5. Allegedly non smoking room. Yet, there was a cigarette burn hole in the sheer curtains the size of my head. And cig butts thrown around the exterior door area. Ewwww.. I told the staff at desk about the hole, they came to look. I should have asked for another room.
While there is a pool, coffee in lobby, cookies at check in, free breakfast, etc, do not be deceived. This is NOT a BW Plus. They appear to be refurbishing the property, but our room was just plain bad. See the pictures.
Very thin walls, could hear voices and the person upstairs walking and even turning over at night in squeaky bed. Towels and linens were substandard.
I saw the positive reviews, so we must have been given a BAD room, the worst. So, just be aware.
We will not return. Too many other hotels in area.