New standard for what is a great hotel
08/07/2018 cantripper3000, toronto
Wow - when I think of a Best Western, I do not think of a century+ old, perfectly maintained luxury resort set in the middle of one of the most majestic alpine landscapes in the world. In other words,... more
Wow - when I think of a Best Western, I do not think of a century+ old, perfectly maintained luxury resort set in the middle of one of the most majestic alpine landscapes in the world. In other words, I do not think of one of the finest hotels I’ve ever been to. But it is. Every square inch of this place is carefully designed for pleasure and comfort, and it is expertly maintained by the management and staff. I’ve stayed in luxury hotels all around the world and this one will stand out. Top 5 best things:
1. The location. The village setting in Ramsau has no equal. It will blow your mind.
2. The spa/sauna facilities. I challenge you to find as comprehensive, well built/maintained as as beautiful a series of saunas in a hotel of similar size. The indoor pool is exquisite and perfectly clean. The massage area is divine.
3. The food. Buffet was wonderful with heavy emphasis on local food.
4. The outdoor pool and sauna. Walk into the textile sauna outside (meaning you wear a bathing suit-the indoor saunas are textile-frei) and find one of the best views of any sauna in the world I bet.
5. The ice cream freezer near the outdoor pool. Ben & Jerry’s!
Go here. You will not regret it. less
Franz L, General Manager at Berghotel Rehlegg, responded to this review
Thank you so much!!! What else can I say??? We are more than pleased, that you enjoyed your stay that much!
So maybe you will be back some day?