Clean and neat
We had previously stayed at this property a few years ago and was not disappointed this past weekend! We purposely chose this location based on past experience and wanting to reduce our travel risks.... more
We had previously stayed at this property a few years ago and was not disappointed this past weekend! We purposely chose this location based on past experience and wanting to reduce our travel risks.
1. Very clean! I took disinfecting wipes and wiped down all the touch points, and counters and the wipes were still clean when I was done.
2. Outside access to rooms meant not having to take the elevator except to move luggage back and forth.
3. Balcony overlooking the beach -great views.
4. A hot breakfast is still served, but the kind attendant, Rosie, fixed our plates each morning.
5. Every time I saw team members they were hard at work either cleaning (including the outside chairs and loungers) or doing preventative maintenance.
6. Pool closes each evening so no worries about raucous parties late into the night.
7. Jordon at the front desk was warm and friendly!
8. A kitchenette with full size refrigerator (also had plates, utensils, coffee maker and toaster) allowed us to prepare simple meals. A broom and dust pan are also in the room - great for sweeping up all the sand tracked in from beach walks.
9. A few minutes walk to pier, convenience store, and two ice cream shops!
10. Masks to be worn in all common indoor spaces such as breakfast area (tables are set up outside - who doesn't love eating breakfast and watching the waves?)
This is a personal preference, the AC unit was a little too loud for me. My husband slept just fine, but I woke up several times a night when it cycled on.
I would definitely recommend this location for anyone wanting to get away but do so while mitigating risks associated with the pandemic. less
Tim Malbon, Owner at Best Western Plus Beach Resort, responded to this review
Wow, thank you for taking the time to compose a great review, would like to join our team :) Yes, the new cleaning procedures are a big undertaking, but we have to keep our guest and employees safe. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.