Okay at low season rates, but wouldn't pay peak season rates...
2 night stay in a King room during February for a reasonable rate of approximately $75/nite (with AAA discount). We have family in the area and have the option of staying in Battleground or in Salmon Creek/Vancouver north. We have our favorites in Salmon Creek so decided to give this only hotel in Battleground a try for comparison. I have looked at this hotel in the summer peak season and seen the rates about $130ish, so $75/nite is pretty nice. But I wouldn't pay the summer rates for this hotel.
- only hotel in Battleground, WA so if you need it, it works.
- very convenient for local amenities, like a Dutch Bros coffee right across the street, Safeway, fast food options, great Thai place, Red Robin, and other restaurants a few minutes away.
- room was clean, staff helpful and friendly.
- bathroom was good size with 1 sink and adequate counter space. Stayed in a nicer Best Western earlier in the week where the bathroom was a bit tight in a King Suite room, so that's why I noticed.
- breakfast is the basic and normal fare. It will get you out the door. Scrambled eggs, sausage, waffle maker, cereals, etc. (One note both days we were there in Feb. the temperature in the breakfast room was way too hot. Folks were opening windows to try and cool down.)
- Best Western beds are a deal breaker for me. Two BW hotels the same week and the issue was the same - too firm, not enough bed covers, okay pillows. Hubby didn't complain about the mattress, but was also unhappy with the sheet and one thin blanket. Extra blanket was available in the closet, but again lightweight. Other hotels have a down type blanket or something more substantial. We asked for a third blanket.
- the heating/cooling system thermostat was not accurate and a bit noisy. So ya, bedding issue could be solved with room temp setting but it was a pain to get it where we felt comfortable. Always too hot or too cold.
- Road/car noise was high. Which is kind of odd since our room faced 15th Ave which is a small side street in a small town. But sound insulation must be low in this building. It was oddly noisy.
- yes, the hotel layout is a bit odd as mentioned by other reviewers, as the ground floor is all business space. If you are staying here for ambiance as you enter the hotel, this is not the place. If you are staying here for a place to sleep, you'll be fine.
- speaking of ambiance, the room decor and feel in the King room is very basic and felt sparse. I've stayed in smaller rooms that are richer and warmer in feel simply by the paint color and art on the walls. For off season $75/nite, its fine. For peak season $130/nite disappointing. I should note this hotel does have some specialty suites with unique designs which you can view on their website. The normal king room was just okay.
Conclusion - at the low off season rate, I could stay here and deal with the uncomfortable bed. When we are in the area during the summer, will choose to stay at other locations in Salmon Creek. less
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Battle Ground Inn & Suites, responded to this review
Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out the survey. I appreciate and value
your opinions. We will be taking a look at our decor, and with our beds we will be assessing
them. We look forward to any future stay with us, and again thank you for your opinion.