Very nice rooms, bad service..
06/01/2017 Travel_Addict_Cyprus, Larnaka City, Cyprus
We drove from Zion National Park to Page, to visit Antelope Canyon. Knowing we would be arriving late, I wanted to give the hotel a heads up. I called to let them know, and the response was almost r... more
We drove from Zion National Park to Page, to visit Antelope Canyon. Knowing we would be arriving late, I wanted to give the hotel a heads up. I called to let them know, and the response was almost rude, the tone of the person's voice was almost saying "Why are you bothering me now?"
The room was very spacious and even though there was a bunch of outdated and uncoordinated furniture in the room, it was really nice to have such a big room. There is a kitchenette in the room, the sink is outside the bathroom, and there was a couch, a desk, a table with six chairs and a big chair with an ottoman.
What I liked:
(1) Very big room with one king and one queen/full bed.
(2) Sink outside the bathroom which makes getting ready much smoother.
(3) The appearance of the hotel, the lobby and the room.
(4) Breakfast was included.
(5) Wifi available in the room.
(6) Shower cap available.
What I did not like:
(1) The attitude the front desk clerk had when I called, and when we checked out.
(2) My son had a migraine around 1:30 and could not find the Tylenol I had in our bags, so he went downstairs. The clerk was rude to him; when he asked for a couple of Tylenol, the clerk did not say anything and went in the back, then came back with a packet of 2 tylenol, and said she was going to charge him. When my son said good night she did not even respond. When you are in customer service, you can't have an attitude like that! Especially when one of your guests is not feeling well!!! You are there to make your guests' stay more enjoyable.
(3) Did not like that the hotel charges $2 for a packet of 2 Tylenol. I would much rather they did not have a Keurig coffee maker in the room, and instead offered an occasional Tylenol to their guests without charging them!
Best Western sent me a request to review my stay, and I said pretty much what I said above. I received a response, saying that they would address my concerns. Hopefully, they will teach their employees to actually provide customer service.
Would I stay here again? Yes, because the room was great and the price was very reasonable, but hopefully we will have better customer service next time. less
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus at Lake Powell, responded to this review
Dear Travel_addict_Cyprus: Thank you for your review of stay at our hotel. We value your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our full hot breakfast and spacious room size. I have noted your details regarding our night auditor and will be reviewing your comments with her. Thank you for letting us know. We appreciate your time to let us know, so we may have the opportunity to correct the problem. Have a great year.