I know- it sounds a little bit on the dramatic side, but I am telling you, hell house stands in the form of the Best Western “Plus” at the airport in Salt Lake. Why, you ask, was it so awful? Let me c... more
I know- it sounds a little bit on the dramatic side, but I am telling you, hell house stands in the form of the Best Western “Plus” at the airport in Salt Lake. Why, you ask, was it so awful? Let me count the ways:
1. The room was 69 deg. F. It was 27 outside. After 4 hours of having the heater set to 90, the room was 69 deg. By the time we fled the hotel, frozen and angry, some 8 hours after arrival, the room was 69 degrees. Conclusion: the thermostat was a dummy, there only to feed the fires or your impotent rage.
2. Booked a nice jacuzzi suite for a bit of treat after an entire year of home seclusion. The issue with that? See, the mandatory pre-requisite for a “hot” tub is HOT water. Without the hot, it is simply an in-room skating rink. Hell, had it actually BEEN an indoor personal skating rink, that would have been phenomenal. As it were, it was the second catalyst that would lead to the condemnation of this property.
3. The only thing worse than the aforementioned complaints was the polar bear plunge of a shower that followed an entire night of freezing to death in a dreary, dated and worn room, huddling together with my husband in an attempt to stave off frostbite. And then:
4. The unidentifiable, possibly gum or a substance that rhymes with gum, that was cleverly tucked on the underided is the couch arm. After discovering this substance with my innocent and unsuspecting fingers, any ability to maintain a positive attitude towards things being better in the morning light died a sad little death there in hell house.
5.Upon complaint to the front desk, I was charged nearly triple what I was initially guaranteed for the single night and sent off into the world to attempt to face the day. I suppose that only consolation is that we escaped, barely, with our lives. I am positive that there will be ice-man like mummies located within the rooms of this dump in the future.
6. Upon final inspection, I am almost positive the “Plus” on the sign was written in crayon. If that was Best Westerns idea of an upper crust room, I will never stay any BW for the rest of my life. Fear of contracting hepatitis is too great
I’m adding pictures of the tile in the bathroom, because, it really sums up my thesis less