Great location!! Would be perfect if...
26/08/2018 NoorZealand, Singapore, Singapore
To be honest, I initially had some reservations about Best Western Patong Beach due to some negative reviews I read. However after staying for 4 nights, I have to agree with other reviewers about this... more
To be honest, I initially had some reservations about Best Western Patong Beach due to some negative reviews I read. However after staying for 4 nights, I have to agree with other reviewers about this hotel's plus point - the superb location that is just a street away from Bangla Rd, 5 mins walk to Jungceylon Mall and plenty of dining options around! A wellness spa complex "Let's Relax" is also just next to the hotel. I had the best relaxation time and ended up going there more than to the beach itself! 😂 (Btw, it's an easy 7-10 mins walk to the beach...)
To recap my personal view on Best Western Patong Beach...
- Great location - without a doubt!
- Efficient and prompt email communication from Reservation and Front Office Manager.
- Hospitable and helpful bellhop guys.
- Clean and cosy room.
-Good water pressure from the rain shower.
- Travel desk available at the lobby.(The lady manning the counter is so accommodating in assisting with all kind of tour bookings, car rental, airport transfers, etc).
- Good breakfast spread and served till 11am late. Just love the french toasts and the pancake machine with it's freshly made yummy fluffy pancakes!
- Rude front office staffs which is somewhat unbecoming for someone in this line. Being an airline/hospitality employee myself, I find this behaviour very appalling. Good thing I was prepared for this (from reading the negative reviews), so when one staff actually raised her voice at me for not understanding some of her unintelligible words during check-in, I just let it pass as to not spoil my holiday mood. 😒
- Only 1 key card given. This inflexibility caused some hassles for me and my husband. Eg, when he went out for a smoke or swim up on the rooftop pool and I am sleeping in the room. (Card need to remain in the wall slot for electric power and the very same card is also needed in to access the elevator).
- Lightings along the rooms corridor too dim and could pose safety issues/hazards. (Photo attached).
- Rooms not soundproofed. Loud conversations, sounds of door slamming, knockings can be heard almost daily.
- Unstable wifi signals.
- Limited TV channels. A channel with English movies is available, but alas been dubbed into Thai. 😁
All in all, Best Western Patong Beach is still a great place to stay. It has a lot of potentials if improvements were made on the weak areas and their staffs' customer service skills.
(Btw just sharing in case this might serve as a tip for anyone: My first 3 nights were booked from a third party site. When I approached the front office to extend another 1 night, I was quoted a higher rate and they wouldn't match the third party site which is still giving the much lower rate for the same extended date. So I guess, it's better to book from OTA than from hotel directly...) less
GM P, General Manager at Best Western Patong Beach, responded to this review
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your latest experience at the Best Western Patong Beach with us and the online community of TripAdvisor.
I am glad to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and your kind comments including the constructive feedback has been well received and shared among our Team accordingly.
I would like to sincerely apologize about any inconvenience caused throughout your stay.
Our team takes big pride in exceeding customers’ expectations and since you are a colleague out of the aviation/hospitality industry, please do ask the next time to speak with a manager in order to resolve this issue immediately. I am surprised and sad that this was not the case. Like this we would have been able to ensure that your holiday is not spoiled by an unfortunate situation or by a misunderstanding caused by one of our Team Members. We also encourage our other guests to ask for the manager if there is an issue that requires immediate attention. Same like in the aviation industry, we do have managers on duty 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Many thanks for your kind understanding and considering a more constructive approach in the future.
We do issue additional key cards upon guest request, for the next time simply ask for another set and the team will be more than happy to oblige.
Dear NoorZealand, once again...thank you for the kind review and for staying with us .
We do hope of being able to welcome you back very soon in the near future.
Thank you and kind regards,