Not a Family hotel
1. POOL is shared with a public health club. My children hardly used the pool due to overcrowding with swimming lessons. When they did, they were encroached upon and stared at as if they were botherin... more
1. POOL is shared with a public health club. My children hardly used the pool due to overcrowding with swimming lessons. When they did, they were encroached upon and stared at as if they were bothering the lesson goers. Website and front desk never advised us of this. My kids were very disappointed.
2. ROOM has a sliding door over washroom. Unacceptable. No privacy for anyone in room, especially when I had my young male children with me. This is the weirdest invention for a hotel room I have ever seen and it does not afford anyone in room proper privacy.
3. SMELL. Room smelled like weed. People beside us smoking weed on their balcony. Advised front desk. They did nothing. Non smoking policy evidently not being enforced as ground outside our room and trees littered with fresh cig butts.
4. BREAKFAST is good. Not free. Expected gratuity left on your table with expectation of certain amount to be left. Honestly, just take the Starbucks in the hotel and go. Better deal and better coffee.
5. NOISY because of highway 7 right there. Sirens all night. I’d recommend staying off the highway for more noise reduction. less
SHParkway, Guest Experience Ambassador at Best Western Parkway Hotel Toronto North, responded to this review
I'm sorry you did not enjoy your visit. We always want our guests to feel happy with their visit.
Regarding the pool, you do have complimentary access to two pools, and yes one of them is in the Parkway Health and Recreation centre. At times there are swimming lessons however hotel guests are more than welcome to enjoy the pool at any time. There is also a pool you have access to that is not part of the health club.
All of our rooms have been recently renovated within the last few months, and we did incorporate a sliding door to the bathroom as a design element. I am sorry you felt there was no privacy.
To address your concerns about the smell - we are a fully non-smoking hotel. Marijuana is legal here in Ontario however that has no impact on our non-smoking policies. If people are caught smoking in the rooms, hallways, or anywhere else they shouldn't be, they are charged accordingly. Unfortunately we do not have eyes on every single area at every minute of the day, but we do regular patrols to catch people smoking in non-smoking areas. Sadly, this is not something that can be controlled if people choose to completely disregard the rules and regulations set out at the hotel.
Lastly, we are in the greater Toronto area and just like everywhere in the city, a certain level of noise is to be expected. We cannot control city traffic.
I am glad that despite all of this, you enjoyed the breakfast. A bill is given at the end of the meal as you have the option to charge it to the room if you wish. There is also a space to leave a gratuity, however that is entirely up to you on whether or not you felt the service deserved it.
We appreciate your comprehensive review. We are getting better and continue to improve every day with the help of guest feedback.