Fairly average hotel, GREAT service staff
24/08/2017 Charles B, Alexandria, Ohio
We stayed here without a reservation, due to unexpected car problems and nasty weather. The desk clerk was extremely helpful when we called about vacancies, and he was even MORE helpful once we got th... more
We stayed here without a reservation, due to unexpected car problems and nasty weather. The desk clerk was extremely helpful when we called about vacancies, and he was even MORE helpful once we got there and got checked in. He recommended an excellent and honest auto mechanic to look at and repair our car the next day. He recommended a good restaurant that delivered to our room. He even tried to help me diagnose what the problem was with my car, using a nifty little Bluetooth device he had.
As for the hotel/room itself:
• Clean room, comfortable, FIRM beds
• Grooming area separate from the bathroom (toilet & shower/tub)
• Lots of electrical outlets
• Good shower
• Good sized fridge
• Work table with office chair (even though the chair was a bit worse for wear...)
• Comfortable easy chair
• Wi-fi was kind of difficult to get going on our phones, though once we got connected, it seemed to work pretty well.
• No overpowering disinfectant smells (I like clean; I don't like being knocked over by the smell of whatever they use to clean.)
• The sink faucet had a broken handle. Don't whether it was broken before our arrival or just happened to break off when we used it.
• Like most all hotels these days, they use the very white bright (LED?) lighting. I much prefer the softer lighting options.
• Only ONE comfortable easy chair! (Why do so many hotels only provide one comfortable easy seating option—if they even provide that???)
• Breakfast—we didn't eat there
• Swimming pool—can't even tell you whether they have one there less
BWParisINN, General Manager at Best Western Paris Inn, responded to this review
We are so glad our hotel could be convenient and helpful during your troubles. Seems Austin went above and beyond in making you comfortable and welcome. That is definitely something we strive for. Have a great day !